Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Juniors: 110H WJR for Belocian

Belocian 12.99 (39")!
    Impeccable form. Wilbur Ross would approve.

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Belocian 12.99 (39")!
    I approve lol...The french have some nice hurdlers . That was just special from him. When i saw him at the Carifta games earlier in the year I didn't think he had sub 13 in him yet. Mason did very good as well.
    Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lover Lover View Post
      I approve lol...The french have some nice hurdlers . That was just special from him. When i saw him at the Carifta games earlier in the year I didn't think he had sub 13 in him yet. Mason did very good as well.
      Great year for the French men! WJR, probably #2 ranked world hurdler as well.

Comment

First time I have seen Friday run..man, is he smooth...and yep, Kolke is really ragged.

Comment

In the 110H, didn't they use 39 inch hurdles....like they do in US high schools??
          So the WJR he broke wasn't Robles's 13.00 from 2006, was it??
          Because Robles's time was over the 42 inch hurdles----international height.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
            In the 110H, didn't they use 39 inch hurdles....like they do in US high schools??
            So the WJR he broke wasn't Robles's 13.00 from 2006, was it??
            Because Robles's time was over the 42 inch hurdles----international height.
            Robles wasn't a junior in 2006. He was born in 1986. His best mark as a junior was 13.46 in 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by AS View Post
              Robles wasn't a junior in 2006. He was born in 1986. His best mark as a junior was 13.46 in 2005.
              But if you apply the aaronkistic ruleset, Robles was still 19 because his birthday is in november and as we all know aaronk trumps iaaf any time of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                Belocian 12.99 (39")!
                Jamaica's Tyler Mason did very well to clock 13.06, which, on any other day would win gold. Still, silver's a good return, especially for a country whose sprinting is in "recession"...lol!
                My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

World Juniors: 110H WJR for Belocian

his upright style very reminiscent of Guy Drut. Watch his head when he runs; his stays at the "same" height throughout the race.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                    his upright style very reminiscent of Guy Drut. Watch his head when he runs; his stays at the "same" height throughout the race.
                    Do you think that augurs well for transitioning to the 'adult' height barriers?

He has run 13.54 over the big ones already (it looks like Belocian has raced 3 times over them this season: 13.78, 13.54, 13.62)

13.54 would have won the 1988, 1990, 1992, 1996, 2000 and 2004 WJs (The switch to 99cm happened in 2006), and taken silver at the others. Folks who ran faster than that at WJC:
                    Antwon Hicks (13.42w in 2002)
                    Colin Jackson (13.44 in 1986)
                    Frank Busemann (13.47w in 1994)
                    Stanislavs Olijars (13.51 in 1998)
                    Last edited by AS; 07-25-2014, 03:11 PM.

Comment

The IAAF are posting the race vids via their Spikes Mag twitter account, so can we post the links here?

If so, here's the race: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1ZVI...ature=youtu.be

If not, please delete this post.

Comment

Originally posted by norunner View Post
                        But if you apply the aaronkistic ruleset, Robles was still 19 because his birthday is in november and as we all know aaronk trumps iaaf any time of the day.
                        Yes, I don't have "WJR", "AJR", or "Youth" records in my Book.
                        I have Age records for each individual year.
                        So yes, I was talking about Robles's Age 19 record of 13.00.

But since they used 39 inch hurdles yesterday, Robles's record remains intact!

Comment

Originally posted by AS View Post
                          Do you think that augurs well for transitioning to the 'adult' height barriers?
                          I can't believe he can negotiate the 42s without some 'dive', but we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                          X