Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run Track Town High Performance Meet

Just watched it on usatf.tv

In 110H, Harris PRed in 13.14 and A. Merritt SBed in 13.27.

I enjoyed the Women's 4X800R the most....mainly because I'm a big fan of Phoebe Wright and Kate Grace.....and Oiselle.

But was surprised that Laura Roesler barely beat Phoebe on their leg (2:01.2 to 2:01.5).
    Also, in the same vein, Ajee Wilson barely held off Grace.

Good times for the first 2 teams----8:07+ to 8"08+.
    Announcer said that was the Hayward Field record, beating a team that included Mary Slaney from 30 or so years ago, that ran about 8:20!!

Comment

Roesler has a long year of competing-indoors and outdoors. If she's running on fumes now it's more than understandable not to mention it's just one race.

Comment

This was about the most mickey-mouse track meet I have ever seen. There was almost no information on the field; we didn't know what height the HJ was at, and the early TJ results were not given. The relays and M 1500 looked like they might have been staged. In the TJ, the "Video Distance Measurement" sign came up, but no measurement. It was an embarrassment.
        Cheers,
        Alan Shank
        Woodland, CA

Comment

Completely agree, Alan. While I applaud Vin Lananna's attempt to bring an extra touch to the World's Jrs, the additional high performance meet (which I'm now calling the low performance meet) was a waste of time. Perhaps if some of us would have been able to hustle over to the WHT, it might have been more worthwhile. We had a bit better view of the measurements from the W Grandstand, but considering that the 4x800 relays were supposed to tackle the WRs and yet the WRs were never mentioned by the announcers kept us in the dark. At least Taylor managed a 17.04 in the MTJ and the 1500 was a good close race, even though the time wasn't exceptional; otherwise the marks were ho-hum as the athletes tapered down a bit prior to the end of the DL season in Europe next month.
          Last edited by bruce3404; 07-27-2014, 10:03 AM.

Comment

If the announcers had mentioned the term "World Record" in connection with the teams fielded on the track they would have been liable for a false-advertising suit!

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
              If the announcers had mentioned the term "World Record" in connection with the teams fielded on the track they would have been liable for a false-advertising suit!
              Because of the quality of the teams that ran?

Comment

To break the WR, you need to average what, 1:57.5? And when nobody on the team has a PR that fast….

Comment

Yeah, but the track at Eugene is super-fast.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                    Yeah, but the track at Eugene is super-fast.
                    Assuming you're joking here. A team of the top 4 runners in the world would be hard-pressed to go for the WR.

Comment

I enjoyed the meet. Organizing a series of meets in the Pacific Northwest at the midway point of the European season is a great concept. Many athletes who can't make the European tour would get an opportunity to compete against world-ranked athletes, and the US fans would get to see top flight competition on home soil that's usually limited to the European tour.

Comment

I noticed in skimming the results that Erin Donohue was in the 4x800. Good to see her name again. WC 07, OG 08, just missed WC team in 09 & then had her best seasons in 2010 & 2011: 6th at WIC, & PBs of 1:59.99, 4:03.49, & 8:55.07 in those years. No results in 2012 & 2013. Injuries I presume. Good to see she's active & perhaps making a comeback.

Comment

Working...
                        X