X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First semi

1) Warren Fraser (Bah) 10.21
    2) Nickel Ashmeade (Jam)10.21
    3) Keston Bledman (TT) 10.24 will have to wait....
    Last edited by shivfan; 07-28-2014, 07:38 PM.
    My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

Second semi

1) Adam Gemeli 10.07
      2) Jason Livermore 10.11
      Last edited by shivfan; 07-28-2014, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Third semi

1) KBC 10 seconds flat! Shutting down too....
        2) Antoine Adams 10.18
        3) Richard Thompson 10.19 out of it!

Comment

Final

1) KBC wins in 10.00!

Comment

This was the fourth consecutive big meet final (100 and 200 at the 2013 Euro U23s, 200 at the 2013 World Champs and now 100 at the 2014 Commonwealths) where Gemili's time was slower than his semi-final time. It has to be said that for the most part, his times in those finals haven't been bad - it's more that his semi-finals were really impressive, in terms of both fast clockings and looking easy - but it could still be something to keep in mind.

Comment

Anyone care to walk me through how/why Jelks and Edwards are suddenly Nigerian?

Edit: Nevermind. Apparently Maurice Greene recruited them, in his words, "to come and run where their roots are and not where they grew up".
              Last edited by nbonaddio; 07-28-2014, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Bailey-Cole got off to such a lousy start that I'm surprised he was able to claw his way back and win with some room to spare. Good run for Gemili too. I'd have expected Ashmeade to do better, but I guess being drawn in lane eight hurt his chances.

Very interesting fact that LopenUupunut pointed out though.

Comment

Originally posted by AFelixFan View Post
                  Bailey-Cole got off to such a lousy start that I'm surprised he was able to claw his way back and win with some room to spare. Good run for Gemili too. I'd have expected Ashmeade to do better, but I guess being drawn in lane eight hurt his chances.

Very interesting fact that LopenUupunut pointed out though.
                  KBC was the last to react, then seemed to just stand up and run...not much of a drive phase at all... Makes me wonder how he would look after a season with Francis at MVP... In any case, congrats to KBC, he definitely earned it the hard way, coming from behind.
                  Regards,
                  toyracer

Comment

Originally posted by AFelixFan View Post
                    I'd have expected Ashmeade to do better, but I guess being drawn in lane eight hurt his chances.
                    I would say being in lane 8 reflected his chances (i.e. how poorly he'd run in SF)

Comment

Working...
                    X