Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CWG: Men's SP

Tom Walsh hit 21.24 (69-8.25??) in the Q.
    (Jacko Gill got just 19.64.)

So it looks to me like Walsh improved his own New Zealand National Record, AND got the CWG record as well....beating the 2010 mark of Dylan Armstrong!!

And that's just in the Qualifying round!!

Two Jamaicans into the final too, with Odane Richards qualifying automatically with 20.24....
    My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

Originally posted by shivfan View Post
      Two Jamaicans into the final too, with Odane Richards qualifying automatically with 20.24....
      I have been thinking this the entire meet: The Jamaican presence in the 100/200 is not what we might expect; in contrast the Jamaican presence elsewhere, especially well away from the 100/200 is much more in evidence than I remember in the past, and that is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
        Tom Walsh hit 21.24 (69-8.25??) in the Q.
        (Jacko Gill got just 19.64.)

So it looks to me like Walsh improved his own New Zealand National Record, AND got the CWG record as well....beating the 2010 mark of Dylan Armstrong!!

And that's just in the Qualifying round!!
        Jacko 19.54 as 5th qualifier on his first throw. Fouled throws 2 and 3. Tom Walsh only needed his first throw. Hoping he will go at least 21.34 tomorrow.

Comment

Assuming Dylan Armstrong is injured? Hasn't competed this year.
          http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

yes. Out for the whole year I believe

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
              yes. Out for the whole year I believe
              Yes, out for the year. Persistent elbow problem. "Loaded with arthritis" he said. Will have surgery very soon. Will definitely be back in 2015.

Comment

In reality Jacko didn't foul his other two attempts... he deliberately annulled them by stepping outside the ring because they were shorter than his first attempt. In these last two years he became bigger but now his technique looks a bit sluggish to me. I can see him throwing 20m in the final, but nothing more. Walsh will win without doubts, and I do expect also a 21.50 from him in the final.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                  I have been thinking this the entire meet: The Jamaican presence in the 100/200 is not what we might expect; in contrast the Jamaican presence elsewhere, especially well away from the 100/200 is much more in evidence than I remember in the past, and that is a good thing.
                  And even better that Odayne Richards took home gold for Jamaica with 21.61....
                  My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

What a superb throw from Richards. Walsh threw up to his best but Richards - wow! A massive 50cm PR.
                    Jacko? Don't know what to say. From 20.70 just 3 weeks ago to 18.05 which he could do when he was 15 years old.

Comment

Working...
                    X