Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much $ should it cost to convert tape from Pal to Ntsc??

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much $ should it cost to convert tape from Pal to Ntsc??

Hi, I will buy tons of Pal format race tapes from Europe but my vcr and tv are both ntsc usa style. I don't feel like buying a converter or multistandard vcr/tv. I might wanna just take the tapes to a store and have them converted. I see some prices for $10 to $15 on internet sites. Do you think I can get anything cheaper anywhere?

Re: How much $ should it cost to convert tape from Pal to Nt

I have a computer and video camera both bought on vacation in the USA... I have someone convert all of the Pal-version vhs (meets taped in USA and sent to me to view here) to 8mm, I save the video to my computer then resave back onto cd in either Pal or NTSC video formats.

Super DVD Creator 5,05 is a good tool and easily converts your saved computer project to the format you choose.

Comment

Can I take a pal tape and convert it to a ntsc tape?

Comment

I am sure you can. I choose the long way, because it cost me only about 10 USD for the program. Sure, it takes longer, but I get both conversions from the copied 8mm PAL video.

Comment

I am interested in doing the same thing. Let me know what you find out.

Clay

Comment

A buddy of mine filmed the 2000 OG pole vault finals for me. Unfortunately, he's Australian so the tape was PAL. Fortunately, I was able to have it converted locally in Austin for 20 bucks.

Comment

The program you gave me isn't what I meant. I need to take a pal tape to a store and convert it into ntsc format. I wonder how much...how do I find these stores? What should i look under in the yellow pages

Comment

Just type in "PAL to NTSC" in Google and there you go.

I took mine to a guy in town that films local commercials and weddings. The equipment was basically a two-slot VCR...one for PAL & one for NTSC. He hit play on one and record on the other. 2 hours later I had my tape.

Comment

I do it all the time, in Calgary alone there is a dozen places that will do it, check the yellow pages. Mine charges about $15, plus the cost of the tape, for a 2hr film.

Comment

>The program you gave me isn't what I meant. I need to take a pal tape to a
                    >store and convert it into ntsc format. I wonder how much...how do I find these
                    >stores? What should i look under in the yellow pages

I see. Again, I use my computer to transfer between PAL and NTSC -- a one-time approx 10 USD fee to download the program. I then save the finished product either back to video tape or to a cd in either format. Good luck. Google search mentioned produced good results as well.

Comment

Where can I download this from?

Comment

The one (of very many on the market) for which I payed and downloaded was: http://www.alldj.com/ ... again, there are very many choices available to you.

Comment

What do I look under in the yellow pages if i wanna take a pal tape to store and convert to ntsc

Comment

Video Services
                            Tape, CD, & DVD Duplication & Transfer Services

Comment

Don't convert tapes. Then you have to store two tapes (the original PAL and then converted one). Buy a multisystem VCR. Samsung SV-5000W is one currently available, and if you do a price-comparison search, you'll find it for under $300.

WARNING: If you find you can play PAL and SECAM tapes, you may find yourself addicted to tape collecting. But watching the original is much better than trying to watch a grainy, lousy transfer.

Comment

Working...
                              X