Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rieti question

I'm currently residing in Italy and am contemplating heading to Rieti for their annual meet in early September. Anyone here willing to share their experiences of attending said meet? How are the crowd? What are the facilities like?

Of course, I know of the amazing performances over the years at the venue (and the various conspiracy theories about why these happen). But I want to get a sense of whether it's actually fun to attend.

I also ask as I'm trying to convince my wife this is a worthwhile sidetrip for us after a beer festival in nearby Siena that weekend (yeah, life's tough!). She's been to the Golden League before (Brussels), Penn Relays and a Commonwealth Games session (in Melbourne 2006). And we're off to the Zurich Diamond League next month. But she most digs the crowd vibe and some sense of 'occasion'. So, does Rieti cut it? Or is it just for 'tragics' like us?

As far as European meets go it is a great setting in a smaller venue but a decent crowd attends and makes for a fun weekend afternoon of track. Meet is last regular meet of year so fields in many events could be stacked.

Comment

Working...
    X