Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EC formcharts

I think T&FN usually doesn't have formcharts for the European Championships, so here goes... men/women

As you probably guessed, the main reason I went 12 deep rather than just 10 is that this way I have lower chances of missing a medallist, which is always embarrassing Feel free to point out the obvious mistakes.

(edit: fixing spelling errors, moving Nana Djimou up and updating the mPV formchart)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LopenUupunut; 08-09-2014, 06:14 PM.

I see Antoinette Nana Djimou as a medal contender despite lowеr Hep SB, she's had some good single-event appearances this year.

Comment

Seeing those russian walkers, how many of them are being coached by Chegin?

Comment

Nana Djimou - you're right, she should have been higher.

As for the Russian walkers, all of them except Yargunkin are coached by Chegin... and Yargunkin is probably the weakest Russian.

Comment

Excellent work. It will make my 'appreciation' of the meet better, since I am not as familiar with the players.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            Excellent work. It will make my 'appreciation' of the meet better, since I am not as familiar with the players.
            I second that motion. This is the kind of stuff that makes this place really worthwhile.

Comment

Malte Mohr is out because of technical problems. Only two german PVs left, amazing, last year the strongest PV team in the world and not one of them made it to Z├╝rich.

Comment

Thank you so much for this, this will make the watching experience that much smoother.
                (And it's great that we can edit it for ourselves afterwards ; see: Antoinette Nana Djimou)

Small note for the mHJ:
                There will
                undoubtedly be some WR hype but in reality even a European record is very
                unlikely.
                Esp. since European Record = WR (Sotomayor is Spanish...)

I would add Cutts and Lewis in the list of contenders for silver and bronze in PV, if only because they've had some good jumps and... why not? At this point, Lavillenie aside, this is wide open.

Comment

Sotomayor is spanish? I bet Castro will be furious.

Comment

My first post - very interested to see how Lilli Schwarzkopf will perform. I think Broerson will win heptathlon gold but wouldn't be surprised to see lilli challenge her.

Comment

Originally posted by norunner View Post
                      Sotomayor is spanish? I bet Castro will be furious.
                      Oh wow, indeed. I was looking for the European HJ record, and somehow got lost...
                      (I will know now that Sotomayor's WR's jump happened in Salamanca, Spain...)

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments, and to our new posters, welcome aboard! I hope you'll enjoy this forum

Pity about Mohr scratching. One of the Brits might sneak on the formchart as #12 now, maybe Lewis.
                        Last edited by LopenUupunut; 08-09-2014, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Great lists! And I quite like your prediction of 10 medals for Poland, even if I think you're underestimating Kasprzycka
                          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Fantastic formchart----better than some of T&FN's!!
                            (Will add, like others, that I'm not familiar with most of the names!)

Happy to see Jessica Judd picked to medal.
                            And 40 year old Jo Pavey picked high.
                            But Morgan Lake just 10th in the HJ?
                            (What if she finally makes that 1.97 she tried for TWICE (Hept & open HJ) at the WJC's?)
                            Also happy to see you picked WJC Champion Anezka Drahotova relatively high.

If the Men's 5K doesn't have a prelim, that makes it easier for Farah & Co to run fast times!
                            (Who am I kidding?!)

But if the Men's HJ Meet Record isn't broken (7-8.75), these athletes should be ashamed of themselves!!

Comment

I'm surprised you didn't put Frenchman Salim Sdiri in your mLJ top 12 list. He did jump 8,35m (third European mark of the year) in June after all...

Comment

Working...
                              X