X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trackstar
    replied
    Re: NCAA: Come say hi to me!

Thanks to everybody who found me at the stadium and said hi. It was a real treat to meet all you guys and see that you're actual real people (and hard-core track geeks like me), not just names on a computer screen. David Donley, T&FN staff, and all the rest -- I had a great time hanging out with you. I hope we can do it again next year. (Has anyone heard if they decided between Sacramento or Austin yet?)

Biggest thrill of the meet: sitting a few feet away from 80-year-old Cordner Nelson and seeing him tracking his fantasy track game roster just as avidly as I was tracking mine. That was about as exciting as looking over my shoulder at Bislett and realizing that Seb Coe was sitting just a few feet away.

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied
    Re: NCAA: Come say hi to me!

hi - wish I were there :-(

Leave a comment:

• trackstar
    started a topic NCAA: Come say hi to me!

NCAA: Come say hi to me!

As I said in a previous post, I'd love to meet any of you board regulars in Austin today. I'll be wearing a black T-shirt with a picture of the famous discus thrower statue on it, and I'll be carrying (or possibly wearing) a yellow raincoat. And if Texas' 4x1 DQ is upheld, I'll most likely be crying.

Lee
Working...
X