Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can just shoot me now!

in my attempt to meld the Euro Champs forum with this one, and still not properly familiar with all the ins and outs of this new bit of machinery, I killed the entire forum.

:-(

foracide - oh, the humanity!

Comment

Doesn't the forum software do automatic backups? Might be missing the latest messages but most should be there and if it doesn't do backups kick your technicians butt.

Comment

Oh Dear!!!

Comment

Originally posted by norunner View Post
          Doesn't the forum software do automatic backups? Might be missing the latest messages but most should be there and if it doesn't do backups kick your technicians butt.
          that's not the way forums work

unfortunately

Comment

Ugh! But we still have the youtube videos of the competition. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

unfortunately
              That's exactly how any larger forum should work and any commercial webpage. There is a Cron based automated backup plugin for vbulletin, might be a very good idea here, not just for your kind of mishap, others too, hacks, hardware crashes, etc...you need a regular backup, otherwise at some point in the future there will be dataloss.

Comment

Administrator?? Or is it Terminator!!

Comment

I seem to remember that this already happened with the last EC forum...
                  Last edited by Atanvarno; 08-19-2014, 06:01 PM.

Comment

And so too with it some of my finest comments ever. Or at least that's what I'm telling you now.

Comment

Originally posted by BCBaroo View Post
                      And so too with it some of my finest comments ever. Or at least that's what I'm telling you now.
                      For another week or so you can read all those fine comments via the Google cache . . . read before they disappear!

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

unfortunately
                        Hmm. I am not a forum software expert, but it seems pretty clear you need a refund from your website IT crew.

Comment

there is no such crew: this is "independent" software and that's how it works. caveat emptor.

Comment

Working...
                          X