• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Re: Tale of Ancient Marathoner

Tale of the ancient marathoner: Jack Foster's own story

Yes, that is the book.

As for the number printed, since it was a RW book-of-the-month my guess would be somewhere around a thousand or so. I don't think those books were all that popular, though I bought a few including 'The Frank Shorter Story'.

As pertaining to why it so high-priced your guess K sounds about correct as any other. Still 150 dollars is a pretty stunning price. I would bet that it is far higher than any other tandf person's bio who competed in the last 30 years.

Leave a comment:

• parkerrclay
    replied

Is this the book you are looking for?
    Tale of the ancient marathoner: Jack Foster's own story

Leave a comment:

• Kiwivet
    replied

I don't think it was Jack's Record that made him so interesting. But the fact he was an ordinary guy who worked 8 hours a day in an office and raised a family of 4 kids.
    How many 42 year olds in this world have done this/could do this and run a 2:11 Marathon ?.
    He could still blow most of us off the Road when he was 65 !!!!

As for the Bio. Not sure why it is so high in price but then again how many were Printed ?

There are many reasons as to why there were not a huge number printed. Least of all royalties to Jack !!
    But then again that is another story.

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary
    started a topic Tale of Ancient Marathoner

Tale of Ancient Marathoner

In a search for Jack Foster's Bio, Bookfinder.com has it listed for $149 and the cheapest at $105! which is pretty amazing for a New Zealander whose only real claim to fame (besides a Commonwealth medal) is a master's record. This has to be some sort of record for track bio. Anyone know of someone who biography goes for a higher price? (Assuming it is available used.)
Working...
X