Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
    But I'm putting most of the burden on Salazar, not Cain.
    As her coach, he should be explaining why she's not in the DL's.
    He's done so in the past, when she's been in absentia.
    And why does Cain and/or Salazar have to explain to you or anybody else why she is not competing? Being a professional just means she is openly running for money. It does not mean she has to tell the world her plans and explain why this event and not that event. She is not beholden to anyone except perhaps her employer - Nike.

Comment

In most instances, the agent is the mouthpiece for the athlete, not the coach. In Cain's case, that would be Ricky Simms.

Comment

Originally posted by Fortius19 View Post
        Kerron Stewart added to w100. Tori is still entered also.

If Tori is not able to run well, it looks like it's Kerron's diamond.
        Is it ? You mean if she wins ? Or do they have to compete in one of diamond league finals?
        Bowie has 12 points to Stewart 7. And I dont think Stewart will win that race but I may be well wrong
        Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

If Bowie is unable to compete, does she lose her chance at the diamond? The rule states: "For an athlete to win a diamond race and its associated prize, he/she must compete in a bona fide way in the Final of their event discipline." If not, Stewart has to win the race to pass Bowie, which seems unlikely. She is the only one entered who could pass Bowie. Ahoure has three points, potentially 11, VCB and Okagbare each have two points (potential 10). Of course, Schippers, who has no points, might win and if Stewart does not score, would have the most point of anybody except Bowie. What fun!
          Cheers,
          Alan Shank
          Woodland, CA

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
            If Bowie is unable to compete, does she lose her chance at the diamond? The rule states: "For an athlete to win a diamond race and its associated prize, he/she must compete in a bona fide way in the Final of their event discipline." If not, Stewart has to win the race to pass Bowie, which seems unlikely. She is the only one entered who could pass Bowie. Ahoure has three points, potentially 11, VCB and Okagbare each have two points (potential 10). Of course, Schippers, who has no points, might win and if Stewart does not score, would have the most point of anybody except Bowie. What fun!
            Cheers,
            Alan Shank
            Woodland, CA
            Yes they mist compete. Off the top of my head, Walter Dix had the 200m sewn up in 2010, all he had to do was run and finish in the final. He got injured in London and subsequently could not run in the Zurich final. Wallace Spearmon ended up winning the diamond with less overall points than Dix simply because of the rule.

Comment

And I agree with you.
              Starting her frosh year at college normally WOULD take priority over racing in 1 or 2 DL's.
              Except for one thing:
              Mary herself said (in 2 or 3 separate interviews just 2 months ago) she'd be missing the first two weeks of school.
              She laughed when saying this, but she also said her AP work in HS gave her a head start on her college studies, so she didn't feel it would hurt her academically.

She's a Professional.
              Doesn't matter her age, or her status as a student.
              Her JOB is as a Professional athlete.

Therefore, she's the same as any other Pro in T&F, whatever their age or student status.
              If she runs a poor race, she gets criticized.
              If she drops out of a meet (Zurich....and even Stockholm....the 2 meets she'd said she'd be in), she gets asked Why!

The same would be true of ANY Pro athlete.
              Cain's a Pro, not a "novice" or "rookie" or "teenage" Pro.

Cain can do what she wants. She's not required to do what you or anyone else wishes.

Comment

And, since it must be a "bona fide" effort, she cannot she false start, but what if she pulls up lame in the race?
                Cheers,
                Alan Shank
                Woodland, CA

Comment

If she's entered injured, and knows she won't be honestly competing for the win, it's not bona fide ("in good faith").

Comment

Start lists are up and Bowie is not there.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
                      And, since it must be a "bona fide" effort, she cannot she false start, but what if she pulls up lame in the race?
                      Cheers,
                      Alan Shank
                      Woodland, CA
                      as I understand it, that would count.

Comment

I'm about to walk to the stadium! Very excited

Comment

Have an amazing time, AS! We are all very jealous... :-P

Comment

Conditions seems very good till now based on the results! One of the best men SP of the season (after an horrible one in Stockholm), a good women discus and a decent women long jump. Let's hope to see great marks!

Comment

Originally posted by Sasuke View Post
                              Conditions seems very good till now based on the results! One of the best men SP of the season (after an horrible one in Stockholm), a good women discus and a decent women long jump. Let's hope to see great marks!
                              SB for Hoffa in the SP, looking good indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by AS View Post
                                I'm about to walk to the stadium! Very excited

Before I die sir, before I die

Comment

Working...
                                X