Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grazerite
    replied
    And I also thought that it was quite a good meet!

Leave a comment:

• Grazerite
    replied
    Good commentary by Alan Shank. Coburn's US rabbit ran first km in 3:01. Was that the plan? Too fast. Surprised Alamirew didn't even seem to try to defend his DL lead...

Leave a comment:

• Grazerite
    replied
    Who was Jamaica's anchor? Blew past Gardner. At YouTube there is a Swiss TV Clip of the 4x100. All they comment on is first Holland dropping the baton (tho not Schippers' fault this time) and then the Swiss (last pass--between 2 sisters!). The leaders/winner completely ignored...

Leave a comment:

• Alan Shank
    replied
    Gardner had a bad day -- DQ'd in the B 100 and "walked down" in the relay. A fitting end for a bad season, I guess. Perhaps she will come back strong next year.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA

Leave a comment:

• Alan Shank
    replied
    Emma Coburn was a bit too ambitious, and paid the price. They said she had a bit of a sore throat in the morning, making the early pace even more unwise. Ghribi has a history of coming up big in championship races, and really stomped the field the last 500. Ayalew looked like she thought she needed to be Assefa for the diamond, but she did not; she had a 4-point cushion, so could only lose to Assefa if Assefa won. Ghribi tied Coburn for 3rd with 10 points. I really hope Zaripova comes back next year, and that Chemos will show her old form. I was surprised that they showed the entire race on Universal Sports online.

Rowbury came damn close to winning the 1500! She tried to pass on the inside at the end, and it looked like they bumped arms before both lunged for the finish and fell. I timed Simpson at the finish line and got: 46.9, 1:52.1 (65.2), 2:56.4 (64.3), 63.6. Everyone was suffering in the homestretch.

Edris got by Rupp on the inside at the end. Ibrahimov set a national record for Azerbaijan. Not great days for Tanui, Gebrhiwet, Alamirew, Koech or Soi. Alamirew still ended up 2nd in the diamond race, Edris got third with just two scoring races (he was 8th in Paris). We didn't see a whole lot of this race.

Taylor won the event, and the diamond, on his last jump, but Claye still had a jump left; couldn't come back for the win, but did get his best jump of the day.

Kuchina did the same thing in the W HJ, clearing 2.00 first time to beat Simic and take the diamond away from her. Up to that height, Simic had a clear card, with Kuchina missing four times, including at 1.98 before passing.

Gil Roberts ended up 2nd in the DL race by beating everyone except Merritt.

An unusual race for Rudisha, not following Tangui closely. Souleiman beats Kiprop out for 3rd in their 2nd event. Aman has kind of faded since Monaco.

I thought it was a pretty good meet for an off year.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA

Leave a comment:

• beebee
    replied
    Originally posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
    Seriously, leave all this nationalistic crap behind. Not that I need to explain to you, but I am a fan of the sprints so I have only commented on the 100m and 4x100. You take things way too personally. Gardner was a wreck and Gay gave up, it is what it is. Deal with it and move on. No need to blow this into anything more than that and certainly there's no need for you to comment on it if you don't like it. I don't know what value you even brought to this thread, at least I talked about what went down.

Ignoring you from now on and moving on.

Really impressed by the Brit ladies, they didn't even have their strongest team forward, and all of them are young. Could be knocking on sub-42 soon!
    I apologize for making the troll comment...because you are not. But I do believe that you have a bias...I admit that I do.

Leave a comment:

• The Flying Pigdog
    replied
    Seriously, leave all this nationalistic crap behind. Not that I need to explain to you, but I am a fan of the sprints so I have only commented on the 100m and 4x100. You take things way too personally. Gardner was a wreck and Gay gave up, it is what it is. Deal with it and move on. No need to blow this into anything more than that and certainly there's no need for you to comment on it if you don't like it. I don't know what value you even brought to this thread, at least I talked about what went down.

Ignoring you from now on and moving on.

Really impressed by the Brit ladies, they didn't even have their strongest team forward, and all of them are young. Could be knocking on sub-42 soon!

Leave a comment:

• beebee
    replied
    Originally posted by bennyg View Post
    Is that the slowest time from Tyson Gay for ever? Is he injured or just missing something he used to doing, but cannot anymore. Surely Gatlin will do better next week.

Do stop rabbiting on, beebee, about people being American hating trolls... ruddy juvenile.!!
    I had high hopes of Gardner this year, but next year is another year.!!
    Let's see...

Tinsley, Hoffa, Merritt, Taylor, Harper-Nelson, Simpson, Bartoletta, all won diamonds today winning passes to next years WC, but that certain poster would rather(as usual) dwell on the few negatives that occurred at the meet.

Leave a comment:

• bennyg
    replied
    The meet was a relative disappointment because a lot of the top athletes were mentally and physically finished for the year. The CG, EC and African Champs is plenty over a 4 week period.
    Athletes like Kiprop were only turning up for cash, surely.
    The 5K this year is way down on 2012 and 2011; they all want to be like Mo .. mere last lap sprinters.!!!

Leave a comment:

• The Flying Pigdog
    replied
    Tyson would have ran faster, but as I stated earlier which our friend takes me as being anti-American, he gave up the last 15-20m and jogged across the line.

Leave a comment:

• The Flying Pigdog
    replied
    Huh? I stated my observations. There is no need to come in here and personally attack me for my opinions. Yes, KBC has arrived. He won the CG, he just ran 9.96 against a quality field. Yes, English Gardner looked terrible out there. Yes, Tyson Gay gave up and jogged the last 20m. I don't give a crap that they are American.

Leave a comment:

• bennyg
    replied
    Is that the slowest time from Tyson Gay for ever? Is he injured or just missing something he used to doing, but cannot anymore. Surely Gatlin will do better next week.

Do stop rabbiting on, beebee, about people being American hating trolls... ruddy juvenile.!!
    I had high hopes of Gardner this year, but next year is another year.!!

Leave a comment:

• beebee
    replied
    Great win for the Brits! Held off Jamaica and English Gardner got ate up and spit back out. Ouch, she looked like a disaster out there.

KBC has arrived. 9.96 in convincing fashion. Tyson Gay gave up when he knew he couldn't catch him.
    Wow...so many concrete conclusions from a single meet that was clearly missing many stars, lol.
    You're just an eternal, angry America hating troll.

Leave a comment:

• shivfan
    replied
    Even after a long season, Schippers was only inches behind Ahoure and VCB and that too, over 100m. She is going to be big problems over 200m, if she decides to run it next year. Hope she does, a lot of people will probably be eating crow.
    Until she actually starts winning consistently against the top girls, it's all woulda, coulda, shoulda....

But I agree that she should be better over the 200m than the 100m. Based on what I've seen, she shouldn't give up the day job (heptathlon) just yet, or she could find herself out of the medals in the World Champs next year, if she focusses solely on the sprints.

There, I've said it! Feel free to bump this thread in 11 months' time....

Leave a comment:

• shivfan
    replied
    1 BAILEY-COLE Kemar JAM 9.96 SB 0.171
    2 RODGERS Michael USA 10.05 0.154
    3 DASAOLU James GBR 10.06 0.151
    4 POWELL Asafa JAM 10.07 0.154
    5 GEMILI Adam GBR 10.13 0.152
    6 CARTER Nesta JAM 10.14 0.153
    7 THOMPSON Richard TTO 10.26 0.145
    8 AIKINES-ARYEETEY Harry GBR 10.31 0.171
    9 GAY Tyson USA 10.35 0.132

Watching this race brought me so much pleasure in so many ways...lol!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X