Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Year to the Worlds!

World's in Beijing open on 22 Aug. Hope they get a website up and maybe sell some tickets before then.

Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
    World's in Beijing open on 22 Aug. Hope they get a website up and maybe sell some tickets before then.
    Rein it back in there, Bucko! You'll run out of saliva at this rate.

Comment

Yes, it's a sad state of affairs when one lives for these events. Now that I'm old and don't chase girls (still look, though), there's just me and my friend track and field. This ticketing frenzy can probably be traced back to camping on asphalt for three nights to get Stones tickets in the '60s.

Comment

Yes, it's a sad state of affairs when one lives for these events. Now that I'm old and don't chase girls (still look, though), there's just me and my friend track and field. This ticketing frenzy can probably be traced back to camping on asphalt for three nights to get Stones tickets in the '60s.
        Wow, you sound like a kindred spirit! :-)
        Hang in there - we'll talk each other off ledges till then.

Comment

Waat... Worlds is going to be this late?

Comment

No it isn't

Besides, women can kill you, lol!

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk View Post
              The later the better in Beijing.

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk View Post
                The Worlds have always been this late (a few days later, actually), when they've been held in East Asia, where the summers can be very hot and humid. The precedents are Daegu (2011), Osaka (2007) and Tokyo (1991). The Beijing dates shouldn't be a surprise.

Comment

London 2017 will take place between 5 and 13 August in the window between the end of one football (i.e. soccer) season and the start of the next. Should get plenty of attention in the media as a result and, based on crowds in London and Glasgow, full attendances. Bolt is likely to bow out at London.

Comment

Originally posted by Chafford1 View Post
                    Bolt is likely to bow out at London.
                    Retire at age 31?

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                      Retire at age 31?
                      It's been said several times that London will be his final championship. AT first it was Rio but seeing as British crowds are usually superb and the best in the world and love Bolt, London 2017 seems an ideal last high to bow out on.

Comment

Originally posted by eldanielfire View Post
                        It's been said several times that London will be his final championship. AT first it was Rio but seeing as British crowds are usually superb and the best in the world and love Bolt, London 2017 seems an ideal last high to bow out on.
                        A story I read somewhere attributed his decision to go on to 2017 to influence by his sponsors, who will undoubtedly make it worth his while to compete in London.

Comment

Out of curiosity, aside from MJ and Flo Jo, who are other athletes who have retired while still on top?

Comment

Does Flo Jo count seeing as she made a comeback?

Comment

I'll ignore swimmers as they pretty much always bow out at the top as they can't stand another 4 year cycle in the boring ass pool.

But Kelly Holmes bowed out winning the world athletics final the year after her double Olympic Gold didn't she? Technically Carolina Kluft ended her Heptathlon career at the top.

Comment

Working...
                              X