X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T&FN Contest Current Standings

at
    http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/tfn/co ... scores.jsp

I'm positioned well, albeit in the middle of the pack, at 0 points, just off the leader, at 0 points, but not far ahead of last place, 0 points. The good news is that I have all (210) points still available to me, the bad news is that I haven't actually picked any winners yet.
    'Hope springs eternal.'

Re: T&FN Contest Current Standings

Ok my guess is that they are all listed in order of time entered. Makes sense based on when mine went in. Directly related to how eager a beaver you are.

Comment

I picked Fountain pretty high. Hope she'll pull it off somehow.
      "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
      by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

I picked #2 seeded Heptathlon competitor Wright very low. Fortunately I don't lose many points that way.

Comment

Fountain lost and there goes 18 points! I'm gonna finish 2nd to last in this contest!

Comment

>Fountain lost and there goes 18 points! I'm gonna finish 2nd to last in this
            >contest!

;-)

I'm looking more forward to the AthleticsLinks Euro Cup prediction contest and then whatever Olympic Games prediction is going!

Comment

I'm looking more forward to the AthleticsLinks
              >Euro Cup prediction contest and then whatever Olympic Games prediction is going!

small potatoes compared to the NCAAs !!

Comment

>small potatoes compared
                >to the NCAAs !!

Lol, for Americans, yes.....

Comment

With only 1 final complete already 80% of the entrants (including myself) cannot get the maximum points for the contest. And no one picked the only winner thus far.

Comment

yesssss

edit: I might have lost track counting that high, but I'm in something like 120th place. Now I know what the Andorran marathoner feels like at the Olympics.

correction: 123rd place . . . super . . .

Comment

That's great. I felt that Janelle Wright was the shakiest of my (hopeful) picks.

I'm surprised no one went with anyone (presumably) other than Fountain and Wright.

Comment

At this point(no doubt a VERY temporary situation), there are at least 2 canucks in the top 5.

Comment

So far, this contest is playing differently from all the previous. Note that the currently leader basically has zero chance of winning and scores are all over the place. Shows just how hard the picking was.

Comment

I'm so proud to be in 55th place only 59 pts off the lead.

mariababy, in 4th, has all 210 pts still available - very impressive!

Comment

Apparently I now have 5 winners (Hopley DT, Breisch DT, Williams 100m, Fountain LJ, Howard JT), which has moved me up 63 places! Another 63 places, and I'll be in the top ten!!!

I'm still suffering badly from a 19-point loss in the women's hept (Hyleas Fountain) and a 10-point loss in the men's LJ (I had Leevan for both of the jumps titles).

Comment

Working...
                              X