Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Gay 10.35...

Anyone know what happened? This has to be more than just an off day...he had the best start and the last place finish. Didn't see the race.

If you didn't see the race, how do you know he had the best start? And please don't say "reaction time".

Comment

He gave up once he realised he was going to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by BYU grad View Post
        Anyone know what happened? This has to be more than just an off day...he had the best start and the last place finish. Didn't see the race.
        Best start based upon what? He was veering from side to side in the first 10m or so and looked very unstable.

Comment

Tyson did not have a good race. He had a good start, but not a very good 10-30m and then was rocking wildly from side to side as someone else said. Then with at least 20m left, he jogged it in. Don't look too much into that 10.35, he's still in sub 10 shape.

Comment

Yes he looked like at 60-70m, when he figured he wouldn't be able to catch up he just eased up.

Comment

^^ From watching the race on streaming video, I saw the same. Lots of back and forth from 5-20 meters. Good action in the middle of the race. Then a noticeable "foot off the gas pedal" the last 20 meters. He didn't seem to have a twitch or pull or anything go pop in the legs . . . just a jog in. It looked as if he would have been in contention for 4th or 5th with his usual finish.

Comment

Hailing from a era when 10.y was a HS benchmark and the WR was 9.5y, it is almost amusing to hear the lamentations over an eased up 10.35m

Comment

Originally posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
                  Tyson did not have a good race. He had a good start, but not a very good 10-30m and then was rocking wildly from side to side as someone else said. Then with at least 20m left, he jogged it in. Don't look too much into that 10.35, he's still in sub 10 shape.
                  I don't think his start was good at all. He was behind the other major sprinters, appear to lose his balance slightly, his extra gear was not there at 60 to 70 meters and he gave up and noticeably eased up the end. He also looked to me to be limping slightly as he walked around after the race.

Comment

What good start ? His start was woeful imo...maybe I'm comparing it to Asafa's who got out well. Now watching it over his start was okay...his drive phase out of the blocks was atrocious as he was rocking from side to side.
                    Last edited by Mr Lover Lover; 08-28-2014, 11:55 PM.
                    Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

You see what DHEA does for you in his physique. He looks way worse conditioned than before his bust. Much higher in body fat % and much less muscular.
                      He looked really nervous before tha race and that translated into his race.
                      IT'S not heavy....YOU'RE heavy!

Comment

I'm scratching my head to remember a time when Gay looked worse than he did last night....
                        My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

It's especially strange given his first race back from suspension and how well he ran there. At least in that meet he ran better than I had expected but this time around looked like a different guy.

Comment

Hopefully, this was just a really bad day and we will never see this again. We will see the guy who ran 9.93 a month or so ago next time around.

Comment

Originally posted by har77 View Post
                              You see what DHEA does for you in his physique. He looks way worse conditioned than before his bust. Much higher in body fat % and much less muscular.
                              He looked really nervous before tha race and that translated into his race.
                              But I don't believe that scientific or medical studies support this. Some studies have shown that DHEA can increase testosterone levels and body musculature in female athletes, but studies that I've seen haven't proven that DHEA increases testosterone levels, muscularity, and performance in male athletes.. If there was definitely testosterone in the cream he was using though, that's another issue...

Comment

Working...
                              X