Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appreciate your posting these results highlights -- I know we're going off-topic in this thread, but it is an interesting set of USA athletes there, & some interesting & good results:

Hasay, e.g., @ 15:25. Comparing across 5k settings, this is her fastest ever. She made her road 5k debut in March, in 15:41. Came into 2014 with a 15:37.29 5k track PB (2011), and has lowered it 3x, to 15:28.56. So, positive for her at this late date of the season to run a 15:25 yesterday (which was also her 23rd birthday -- seems like she's been doing this forever, and she's just 23yo).

And that other veteran, Mary Cain, who has a 15:45.46 track 5k PB from 2013 -- 15:53 yesterday. Seems a good result for her.

And then Jen Rhines, now 40yo., @ 16:00. Not bad for her, either. Her earliest 5k (16:05) on all-athletics.com is from May of 1996, the same month that Mary Cain was born...

But back to Fernandez. Good to see him racing & making progress. I hope that he is getting into a training environment that will sustain & support him so he can develop toward fulfillment of his potential.

Comment

Rogers is one that I am interested in; raced on to the scene dramatically racing the 10,000 at NCAAs and then doing so well at the Trials (but without a qualifying time), only to get hurt the following year so substantially that when she could not recover she left the TX A&M squad her senior season and sat out quite a while to heal. Not sure if this is her first serious race since the Trials.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
        Rogers is one that I am interested in; raced on to the scene dramatically racing the 10,000 at NCAAs and then doing so well at the Trials (but without a qualifying time), only to get hurt the following year so substantially that when she could not recover she left the TX A&M squad her senior season and sat out quite a while to heal. Not sure if this is her first serious race since the Trials.
        I checked Tilastopaja and all-athletics.com, and both show no marks for Rogers between the OT 10k and this race. So, good to see her coming back.

Comment

Deep background on the Rogers injury situation (as explained in May of '13):

http://www.runnersworld.com/college/...n-quit-running

Comment

Working...
          X