Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragila, no WR???

I read an AP news story today that said Dragila's 15'10" will not be recognized as the "official" WR in women's PV. It will, however, be recognized as the highest jump ever for the event...Huh?

Re: Dragila, no WR???

Shhh! Don't say that in front of Walt Murphy!! ;-)

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/tfn/di ... hread=5268

Comment

>I read an AP news story today that said Dragila's 15'10" will not be
      >recognized as the "official" WR in women's PV. It will, however, be
      >recognized as the highest jump ever for the event...Huh?

I saw that report. It said it would be "recognized" as the highest jump ever outdoors which is a factually correct statement. I called a friend of mine at the finish line of a long distance open water swim once to find out from him and his wife how he did. He gave me the factually correct answer that he won. I found out later on in the conversation that he was second overall. You figure out what happened. He had given me a factually accurate but misleading report.

Comment

I'll go out on the limb. He won the men's competition, came in 2nd after his wife. Do I get a cookie?
        "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
        by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

>I'll go out on the limb. He won the men's competition, came in 2nd after his
          >wife. Do I get a cookie?

Close. It wasn't his wife but it was a woman. What made it worse is that he was sort of cruising in "waving to the crowd" so to speak and this woman snuck by him. This guy is the source of much amusement every time he toes the line-at least we can laugh about it later. You'd appreciate this pego, he had some kind of reaction to some medication once after a 10km and ended up in four point restraints in MH he lost it so bad. To the same wife when he came to-"I can't seem to move my legs". Going off course during triathlons, false starting during a masters swim competition after travelling hundreds of miles to compete...all very funny...at least later.

Comment

Working...
          X