Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berlin Marathon: Nine (not Ten) Fast Facts to Know [WR for Kimetto]

10th "fact" in RunnerSpace story linked on this website - If Shalane Flanagan breaks the American record, she’ll also break the course record of 2:19:46, set in 2001 - is incorrect.

Course record is actually 2:19:12 by Mizuki Noguchi in 2005. So Flanagan could break AR and not get a CR...
    Last edited by gh; 09-28-2014, 01:05 PM.

Are there any live streaming sites for the Berlin Marathon?

Comment

I watched it on Universal Sports. Great races! Time for bed.

Comment

Kimeto. 2hours 2 minutes 57 secs. Unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by bobguild76 View Post
          I watched it on Universal Sports. Great races! Time for bed.
          You might have mentioned that it was a new world record!!!

Comment

Flanagan...... 2.21.14 in 3rd place. Not ready for the usa record yet. Fast course , great conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by bennyg View Post
              You might have mentioned that it was a new world record!!!
              and that Emmanuel Mutai also broke old WR with 2:03:13 in 2nd!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                Kimeto. 2:02:57
                1:59:59 - here we come!

Comment

another 3 mins off that Berlin race... wait a bit chaps.!!

Comment

Kimetto's 5Ks, as originally tweeted by David Monti (exclamation marks his):

14:42 14:42 14:46 14:26 14:32 14:30 14:09 (!!) 14:42

Comment

Originally posted by bobguild76 View Post
                      Are there any live streaming sites for the Berlin Marathon?
                      A German TV Station Live streams the full race every year in hd http://www.daserste.de/ , it's on youtube now. I think they will upload a replay of the full video onto their site in a couple days. They did last year.
                      Bolt's last year...and my last year as a track fan, it's been fun

Comment

Perhaps this will shake up the AOY and POY decision-making process a bit.

I recorded the Watch Athletics German-language stream after getting up in the middle of the night and setting it up. Very impressive performances although my primary intent was to watch Flanagan but as things progressed, things became interesting indeed between Mutai and Kimetto. The commentators who included Dieter Baumann were exclaiming "unglaublich" and "unfassbar" at the end of the race. Will watch the Universal Sports replay on DishWorld soon.

Between this race and Jeter's last game in New York on Thursday night (via mlb.com stream), this has been a very exciting week.

The star for the Germans was 24 year old Anna Hahner who recorded a 2:26:44 PB (surrounded by a phalanx of pacers) in 7th place, seemingly grinning from ear to ear the entire race and dominating the women's race coverage. I learned that she has a fast twin sister (Lisa) with a 2:30 PB.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Duncan View Post
                          Perhaps this will shake up the AOY and POY decision-making process a bit…..
                          POY yes, but in a 4-race season where his other races are a dnf at Boston and a 3rd and a 15th in half-marathons, he probably doesn't make my top 10 for AOY.

Comment

The last 15k of the men's race, when they break away from the pacemakers is much watch stuff, wow. I saw the thing on the sisters too. They look exactly alike, maybe identical, that's really cool.

Does anyone know how many times someone has run 41km (25.4762 mi) under 2 hours? Is Kimetto the only one?
                            Last edited by spammer; 09-28-2014, 04:46 PM.
                            Bolt's last year...and my last year as a track fan, it's been fun

Comment

The full german video spammer mentioned is already available here: http://www.sportschau.de/weitere/lei...laenge100.html

Anna Hahner is an interesting story, she was a sport soldier until last year, when she was cut off from all support by the german federation. Officially it was because of lack of talent, unofficially she had just left the german national marathon coach and moved to Renato Canova, which the german coach really didn't like and that is why all support was cut off. This year the german federation was annoyed with both Hahners because they decided not to run at the ECs and instead make some money at other marathons. First they cut her off, then they want her to represent them and criticize her for trying to make money by other means, gotta love those german officials.
                              Last edited by norunner; 09-28-2014, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X