Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had another look. It seems like Mohammad might have touched the hand/arm of the runner in front of him and to his right; and that that runner did realize he had been touched but I don't think you could even remotely claim he was impeded.

The crossing over lane violations looks to me like complete BS, if I am looking at the right spot in the race at the end of the first bend.

Comment

Another take on this. As Bahrain’s Abraham Rotich was subsequently disqualified, presumably at the 100m mark of the race, one could perhaps argue that it was not possible to impede a runner who had already "committed" his disqualifying offence, and was therefore no longer part of the race.

Comment

It looks like there could easily be lane-line violations starting relatively early on, especially the guy who was in Lane 5 who crossed the finish line second.

Comment

What's really disappointing is that it was a very good race with a eyeballs out head-to-head down the home straight. To then DQ almost half the field on what look a lot like trumped charges looks like extreme over-officiating. Any word on which teams might have protested (if any) so as to trigger the DQ-fest?

What was surprised is that the one DNF was from a fall that seemed to be completely the athlete's own fault (he fell while in 8th!).

Comment

New Asian record in MJT - 89.15 from Qinggang Zhao of China...previous PR was 83.14. He had three throws past that here: 85.29, 86.50, 89.15...

Two other man over 83 also:
            Arai JPN 84.42
            Zaytsev UZB 83.68

Comment

And Chinese men become 9th nation to ever run sub-38 for 4x100m: 37.99

Comment

Really impressive marks! These Asian Games provided great highlights, I wasn't expecting such good results! This makes me think that: 1) A lot of the asian people peaked for this event which was meant to be the most important of the season for a lot of them 2) They will be a force to compete with next year at WC in China. I expect very good marks from the chinese when it happens.

Comment

without looking it up, which are the first 8 nations to break 38? canada, US, jamaica, TT, GB, france… who am i missing? i don't think japan, italy or germany has done it. dutch antilles?

Comment

Originally posted by uakari View Post
                    without looking it up, which are the first 8 nations to break 38? canada, US, jamaica, TT, GB, france… who am i missing? i don't think japan, italy or germany has done it. dutch antilles?
                    Haven't checked, but I believe it's Brasil.

Comment

Easily findable: simply to go the Lists section on our home page, look up the ATL, where you'll find top 10 nations in the relays (pre-China).

Top 10 Nations
                      36.84 Jamaica 08/11/12
                      37.38 United States 08/10/12
                      37.62 Trinidad 08/22/09
                      37.69 Canada 08/03/96
                      37.73 Great Britain 08/29/99
                      37.79 France 09/01/90
                      37.90 Brazil 09/30/00
                      37.94 Nigeria 08/09/97
                      38.00 Cuba 08/08/92
                      38.02 Soviet Union 09/06/87
                      38.02 Germany 07/27/12

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                        36.84 Jamaica
                        37.38 United States
                        Dang . . . half a second is an eternity in the 4x1.
                        That's a priority for the ol' USofA. I'm certainly not saying that Jamiaca's days at the top are numbered, but Mssrs. Bolt and Powell ain't getting much younger and Blake has had trouble getting his act together. Even with Gatlin and Gay and Rodgers leaving sometime soon, I gotta believe the pendulum's long slow swing is a comin' back . . . (he said knowing a flame war would erupt with those words).

Comment

Originally posted by AS View Post
                          New Asian record in MJT - 89.15 from Qinggang Zhao of China...previous PR was 83.14. He had three throws past that here: 85.29, 86.50, 89.15...

Two other man over 83 also:
                          Arai JPN 84.42
                          Zaytsev UZB 83.68
                          Qinggang 89.15! Where did that come from? As you said, PB by 6 meters. He had only one other meet this season where he was over 80, went 81.18 last spring. The guy's been around and is almost 30 now.
                          Great throws from Arai and Zaygtsev as well, but not PB's.
                          It sure seems the Javelin is gradually turning into a"world" event.

Comment

terrible news about zhang wenxiu. but these days it's not shocking anymore.

anyone has vid of the men's 4x100 final? haven't been able to find it on YT.

Comment

Originally posted by uakari View Post
                              anyone has vid of the men's 4x100 final? haven't been able to find it on YT.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s35vB_IULiM

Comment

Working...
                              X