Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
    Well, here I go again, going against the grain of thinking like T&FN does.

I look at INdoor T&F as completely different and apart from OUTdoor T&F.

Thus, Lavillenie's 6.16 gets the INdoor POV (and the AOY!!).

But OUTdoor POV?
    That goes (so far) to the 2:02:57.
    But the IAAF makes no such distinction. An Indoor PV record is the overall PV record so should be treated asuch in any decision on POY.

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut View Post
      I know many here don't care much about the walks, but I'd take 3:32:33 over 2:02:57 any day. 2:02:57 was awesome; 3:32:33 was a "did that really just happen?" moment.
      Exactly, and there were no pace makers setting up another record attempt, which makes distance running all but unwatchable and a farce of an actual competition in most cases these days. Diniz went out and kicked everyone's a$$ all by himself on a course that was not record friendly too.

Comment

Originally posted by MJR View Post
        Diniz went out and kicked everyone's a$$ all by himself on a course that was not record friendly too.
        And with a huge negative split, too. The second half was ca. 4 minutes faster than the first!
        Last edited by Powell; 10-01-2014, 01:57 PM.
        Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by MJR View Post
          Exactly, and there were no pace makers setting up another record attempt, which makes distance running all but unwatchable and a farce of an actual competition in most cases these days. Diniz went out and kicked everyone's a$$ all by himself on a course that was not record friendly too.
          I wonder what would happen if they made all of the Marathon Majors in to 'no pacing' races, which Boston and New York are. It would push record attempts to the races that push it hard. Not sure that the record holders do real well in races, and that makes me discount the real quality of the records. We do now have the World Best and the World Record for the same effort again.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
            I wonder what would happen if they made all of the Marathon Majors in to 'no pacing' races, which Boston and New York are. It would push record attempts to the races that push it hard.
            No, I suspect it would push WR attempts outside the majors...

Preventing pace-making is unfortunately pretty difficult. What's to stop an athlete hiring several compatriots to run 30k alongside him/her before dropping back?

Comment

My ranking order for POY

1. Renaud Lavillenie (FRA)
              2. Dennis Kipruto Kimetto (KEN)
              3. Yohann Diniz (FRA)
              4. Mutaz Essa Barshim (QAT)
              5. Bogdan Bondarenko (UKR)
              6. Justin Gatlin (USA)
              7. Jairus Kipchoge Birech (KEN)
              8. Robert Harting (GER)

Comment

Working...