Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you smell a 2:59 in the men's 4x4 final? I DO!

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you smell a 2:59 in the men's 4x4 final? I DO!

As a Baylor ex, my loyalty is obvious, however the team will have it's work cut out for them. With an 800m runner(Fitts) leading off, a freashman football player (Davis) running on the "A" team for the first time this season, those two guys will have to stay calm, and at the top of their game. If Baylor is close, within 10m of the lead after the first 2 legs, I'll put my money on Wariner and Williamson. No matter how it works out, we're gonna see on hell of a final. Note: Davis' father Bruce was a 100m, 200m sprinter at Baylor '81-'84 and an All American in track, so the kid has the genes.

Comment

Re: Do you smell a 2:59 in the men's 4x4 final? I DO!

I never thought of myself as being "jingoistic", but this is impressive. In the men 200, the Olympic "A" qualifier was not enough to advance from the NCAA heats. Blows my mind.
      "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
      by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Re: Revisiting the 2:59 and some trivia

I'm not thinking that Minnesota has that good a chance at the surprise this year. Last year the times in the final ranged from 3:02.01 to 3:07.23.

This year's PRELIMS ranged from 3:01.87 to 3:04.50. With the lower times comes less of a chance to surprise rather than more, IMHO.

But there is a caveat there. With so many sub-46 guys in the field, somebody could light off with a low 44 career best right out of the blue. But for Minnesota to actually win, I'm just not seeing it. Unless Baylor is significantly behind after the second leg, it's going to be extremely hard to beat them without a Baylor screwup or injury.

Comment

>I'm not thinking that Minnesota has that good a chance at the surprise this
          >year. Last year the times in the final ranged from 3:02.01 to 3:07.23.

This
          >year's PRELIMS ranged from 3:01.87 to 3:04.50. With the lower times comes less
          >of a chance to surprise rather than more, IMHO.

But there is a caveat there.
          >With so many sub-46 guys in the field, somebody could light off with a low 44
          >career best right out of the blue. But for Minnesota to actually win, I'm just
          >not seeing it. Unless Baylor is significantly behind after the second leg, it's
          >going to be extremely hard to beat them without a Baylor screwup or injury.

I guess they did have a chance after all. Congrats
          to Baylor and Minnesota.

Comment

>A lot rests on what Jacobsson can do on his leg - their weakest.

Jacobsson did not run the final. Hats off to the MN team.

Comment

Working...
            X