Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A. Craigg -- Going out a winner (10k)

I don't know if it is much of a surprise, but Craigg won the 10k in an utterly "slow" race. It would have been nice to see him give one more good "show" and let it all hang out on the track. And, of course, give the NCAA's a big "FU"!!

Re: A. Craigg -- Going out a winner (10k)

I join you in wishing that Cragg had given the NCAA a bit "FU." The NCAA big wigs are so determined to try to limit the # of championships that John McDonnell and his happy band of Hogs win that they'll even keep the public from seeing one of the world's best 5k'ers just to make their point. How ridiculous! Go Hogs and show 'em that you can still win it when they do their best to screw you.

Comment

I'm assuming the meet will have a 28 runner final Sat. in both 5k's [minus Craigg], with the heat wiped out wed.?

Comment

Cragg was awesome. The first 5K was painfully slow -- above 15, I think, with the entire field in a pack -- and suddenly he threw in a 61 and the race was over except for Cheseret. The 61 turned into a 4:21 mile, and then backed off to a 71 pace. Finally, Cragg put the hammer down with about 600 left and finished it off.

But nothing tonight beat the men's LJ. Oh my god it was exciting, and I'm sad to say I missed most of it because I was focusing on the Lady Longhorns on the track.
        "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

As much as I hate the fact that the 5,000m. will be less than it could be, quality-wise for spectators, I don't believe the NCAA is so much "out to get" McDonnell because he wins as they are tired of they way Arkansas wins by ofttimes finding legal loopholes to their system (medical exceptions so runners can be fresher than those who ran the Regionals, for example).

Makes sense that they would come down HARD when they finally get the chance.

Comment

Working...
          X