Rita Jeptoo tests positive before Chicago!

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lonewolf
    • Oct 2005
    • Indian Territory

Originally posted by ExCoastRanger View Post
    "We will legally go after the person or the people that convinced Rita to do this,"
    I would seem to be a fairly simple matter for Jepto to identify who "convinced" her to do this.

Comment

• gh
      Administrator
      • Oct 2005
      • west of Westeros

Until Jeptoo admits that she did take something (which to my understanding she has so far not done), the door remains open—even if just a small crack—that she wasn't "convinced" at all, but is a blissfully ignorant party to the whole thing.

Comment

• beebee
        • Aug 2010
        • Chicago, Illinois

Originally posted by Gabriella2 View Post
        Finally a high profile Kenyan positive. I wonder whether this means we're actually seeing the Kenyan Federation taking doping seriously now? And will we ever see an Ethiopian one?
        Other than pure success, Ethiopia has nothing to do with this one Kenyan positive.

You're just on some issue driven witch hunt.

Comment

• Gabriella2
          • Jul 2014

Issue driven, yes, witch hunt, no.

All the successful track and field nations have had their fair share of doping crises over the years except Kenya and Ethiopia. Why is this? It is a question we should be asking.

It's not because they have had a dark past and are now clamping down with the toughest testing, like Germany and to a lesser degree, the USA. Or have lead the way and been at the forefront of testing, like the UK. Russia has been backed into a corner thanks to an embarrassing number of positives and biological passport issues, virtually all of the Ukranian sprint team has been wiped out and every few months we either get public criticism of Jamaican testing or a Jamaican postive (be that for stimulants or whatever) They've had no major implications like Spain has, with Operation Mountain Pass and the like.

I guess it's just because Kenyan and Ethiopian athletes have a physical advantage and are far too innocent to be caught up in that doping nonsense.

Comment

• shivfan
            • Sep 2009
            • Just outside London

Drug testing in Kenya will always take second place in terms of priority to the issue of tackling terrorist-fuelled bombings in their country, and rightly so....

If the rest of the world want to see the "Kenyan Federation taking doping seriously," then WADA and the rest of the world need to come up with the funding needed for them to do so.
            My heart is still in the Caribbean....

Comment

• Tuariki
              • Dec 2010
              • Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui

I wish it was possible to hand those hacking pricks over to ISIS.

Comment

• spammer
                • Jan 2013

Jeptoo told her agent that she had a malaria shot and the doctor might have given her EPO sometime in the process without her knowing. Article is on the front page:
                Find your next 5K, 10K, half marathon or marathon today! Music, community, and memorable routes combine for a race experience that puts the fun in the run.
                Bolt's last year...and my last year as a track fan, it's been fun

Comment

• Bob Duncan
                  • Oct 2005
                  • The Heart of Dixie

Originally posted by spammer View Post
                  Jeptoo told her agent that she had a malaria shot and the doctor might have given her EPO sometime in the process without her knowing. Article is on the front page:
                  http://running.competitor.com/2014/1...co-rosa_117410
                  Best laugh I've had all day. The hits just keep on coming!

Comment

• El Toro
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Bob Duncan View Post
                    Best laugh I've had all day. The hits just keep on coming!
                    While unlikely, it appears EPO is a legitimate treatment for some aspects of malarial infection.

Comment

• gh
                      Administrator
                      • Oct 2005
                      • west of Westeros

wow….. backyard medicine at work?

Comment

• Pego
                        • Oct 2005
                        • beyond help

Originally posted by El Toro View Post
                        While unlikely, it appears EPO is a legitimate treatment for some aspects of malarial infection.

http://news.ku.dk/all_news/2011/2011...ebral_malaria/

Another example of a huge gray area between legitimate treatment and intent of PEDs.
                        "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                        by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

• Gabriella2
                          • Jul 2014

I would feel some sympathy for her if this story is true. However, intentional or not, she is responsible for what goes in her body, blah blah blah.
                          The other things is, it obviously helped her performance, running a PB and course record. But I guess we all know EPO assists performance anyway.

Comment

• bennyg
                            • Dec 2006
                            • cheltenham,england

Originally posted by spammer View Post
                            http://running.competitor.com/2014/1...co-rosa_117410
                            Great joke. who thought that one up.... her agent, her lawyers or ...?? All those poor Africans taking malarial shots probably start running like crazy now.

Comment

• 26mi235
                              • Oct 2005
                              • Madison, WI

There is an interesting article on the Home Page: Kenya I think We Have a Problem

The Rosa interview is also interesting for those that have not looked at it yet.

Comment

• Dave
                                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                                There is an interesting article on the Home Page: Kenya I think We Have a Problem

The Rosa interview is also interesting for those that have not looked at it yet.
                                Very interesting. It certainly casts a lot of doubt on Kenyan distance performance.

Comment

Working...
                                X