Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athens: Kenteris 10.18 and Thanou 11.22 in season 1st races

Olympic stadium open (enough) for business.

http://www.iaaf.org/news/Kind=2/newsId=25566.html

Re: Athens: Kenteris 10.18 and Thanou 11.22 in season 1st ra

That's close to his PB, so he obviously is in form. He will have to be at his peak to defend the 200 title. If I were a bettor I would bet against his successful defense.

Comment

I did twice before in very similar circumstances and lost.

Comment

>That's close to his PB, so he obviously is in form. He will have to be at his
        >peak to defend the 200 title. If I were a bettor I would bet against his
        >successful defense.

As would I.

Comment

ill take that bet.............i would bet against him but only at 2 to one odds or greater

Comment

Besides KK and Thanou, Voggoli broke the Greek Record in Discus with 67.72(WL) and Fani Chalkia posted an amazing 54.88 in 400m hurdles.

Comment

>That's close to his PB, so he obviously is in form. He will have to be at his
              >peak to defend the 200 title. If I were a bettor I would bet against his
              >successful defense.

Technically, it's better than his PB, since he set the latter with a 1.5 or so tail-wind, and yesterday's time was run into a slight head-wind.

Comment

Dont know if he is on drugs or not but that is a discussion for another time. How can you bet against him? Sure if you take the whole world against him you might be right. But pick one person who you think should be considered a favorite over Kenteris. There isn't one. Olympic, World, and European Champion. I think he's beaten everybody of any merritt (sp) there is to beat.

Comment

History is against him. People who defend track titles in the sprints or even middle distances are legends. He is a very good champion but no more than that. Also he is relatively old.

Comment

In the year Kenteris ran 19.85 his SB for the 100 was 10.44. For 2000 10.16/20.09, for 2001 it was 10.15/20.03. So, as with other things it is hard to tell what is going on with this guy.

Comment

Working...
                    X