X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Note: Xalapa c1500m altitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
      Off the top of my head, "international credentials" as athletes go to Diack, Coe, Bubka, Davis-Thompson, El Moutawakel, Fredericks,Hoffman, Juantorena, Szewinska and Wirz, so that's 10 of 27.
      Also Barlag.

Comment

• Qatar Workers Forced To Run Marathon Shoeless In Bid For World Record

http://yahoo.thepostgame.com/blog/he...s-world-record

Comment

• I thought you'd pulled that story from the Onion until I re-verified it. Bet the IAAF is real proud they gave the 2019 WC to Qatar. What a sham organization, full of corrupt old men, many of whom don't give a sh$t about anything but lining their pockets. It'll be a tough battle, but I hope Coe gets in there and cleans up this cancerous organization with no qualms about awarding their centerpiece event to countries with terrible human rights records.

Comment

• Congratulation to Qatar.

This small size country has some of the best mind in politics and finance working for them. Qatar economy took off after largest gas reserve was found that they share with Iran. Due to Iranian ineptitude and USA pressure Iran could not develop and sell their portion and Qatar is taking more than share that was agreed on (Good for them).

Qatar started to purchase 2nd rated athletes from Bulgaria and Africa with their coaches and this helped them to get a few position in various Asian and international sport organization. Qatar did a great job of holding 2010 Asian Games. They just held world Handball championship.

Qatar pays foreign workers living there to attend football games and other events. Recently Qatar paid more thousand Spanish citizen to visit Qatar for the Handball championship. There was a article on it on several outlets. In addition, they got the Football world cup and made it to be late Fall early winter in the middle of Europe season.

In conclusion they follow the golden rule. You rule if you have the gold.

Comment

Working...
            X