Clear All

Re: Recap

Thanks for the summary!

Comment

No problemo.

Comment

EPelle, you're amazing! I just finished watching on Eurosport, but my TV and computer are in separate rooms. But even if I were watching and writing at the same time, I couldn't get all that information down! Wow!

I almost wrote a SHOUT! Bislett gratuitously insulted Marion Jones about her not being welcome when they'd known for a long time that she wasn't coming. Then Chryste Gaines! Hypocrisy!

Quick estimate of Greer's AR in Amurican: 286-8.

W5000 WR, like men's, badly paced. Pacemaker went out in 67.70, soon slowed to 72s. Abeylegesse surged a 66.70 after pacemaker quit, tried to maintain, couldn't, was down to 72s again. Gutsy run, even more amazing when one thinks back to how untouchable all those Chinese records seemed to be. Geb's records were always amazing, but never questionable and never "inhuman."

Edit for your report: An exclamation point (!) after the 59.9 for 8th lap of men's 5000 (Wondinu).

Thanks for great reporting!

Comment

I am glad it was shown on Eurosport, too -- I missed a load in both the men:s and women:s 5,000 as the tv programmer must have said, ah, great time for a commercial break! Thanks for the details you filled in!

Comment

The hypocrisy of the meet director is astounding. He as quoted with a 'don't want their kind round here' statement. It was always about the money.

Comment

>

400m –
              >Men –
              Tim Benjamin Britain out fast at 200m – 45,58. Rest of field except
              >Benjamin and a long-haired guy in either lane 6 or lane 7 died on the
              >homestretch.

Long haired guy is Jermaine Gonzales, Bolt's training partner, 3rd in 400m WJC 2002 45.8+ aged 18 at the time
              why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Re: Bislett - TV Results

>>>Weather: Currently (18.45) +12C with clouds and rain.>>>

For my
                >American
                >friends that's pretty chilly...54F

Thank you, I was trying to
                >figure out the formula. (C * 1.8) + 32 = F

Here is a nice and simple one. Just double and add 20. Close enough

Comment

Re: Bislett - TV Results

Meant double and add 30

Comment

Re: Bislett - TV Recap Now On-Line

A world record is broken and all it gets is 3-4 comments on a thread about the whole competition.

Webb runs a PB, has his own thread for it and it turns into yet another 100+ post Webb-related thread.....

Comment

Working...
                    X