Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aaronk
    replied
    With the NOP announcement, and then Dibaba's, we're looking at an EXCELLENT 2015 INdoor season!
    It's not even Thanksgiving yet, and already THREE WR attempts have been announced!
    (Rupp's 2 Mile and Genzebe's 1 Mile and 5000)
    Not to mention a possible (MY words!) American Record 2 Mile by Cain!

I mention this because last year, I don't recall any record attempt announcements coming out earlier than about December 10 or 15th!!

Leave a comment:

• Sasuke
    replied
    Reading today's interview to Genzebe Dibaba she says she is running the indoor season aiming to break the 5000m record (which is a very fast 14.24 by Defar herself) and then running the mile. I assume she is going after that record as well as it's quite weak (4.17 is nothing for a 3.55 runner). She can get it going through 1500m in 4.01/4.02 and closing in 15.

Leave a comment:

• Master Po
    replied
    According to all-athletics.com, the fastest Junior indoor 2 mile is the one you mention -- Defar's 9:34.03.

Will be interested to see what Cain, and these others, can do -- already looking forward to indoor season. Would be very happy to see Cain get the World Junior record/best, and go for the AR, too.

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied
    A much better article is on our front page under top headlines.
    It says Rupp WILL go for the WR, while Cain will go for the World Junior record.....whatever that is.

My records are for individual ages, like 17, 18, 19 etc.
    The Age 18 record is Meseret Defar's 9:34.03.
    (That's also the fastest TEENage time I have.)
    If they time the 3000 enroute, Cain would be chasing Tirunesh Dibaba's MUCH better time of 8:33.56----worth a sub-9:10 for 2 miles!

I would hope Cain will chase the US record of Regina Jacobs---9:23.38---which Jenny Simpson missed last year because of miscount of laps!!

ADD: The article says it's going to be nationally televised!!!
    Last edited by aaronk; 11-19-2014, 08:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    started a topic Early Indoor News--NOP Coming Out

Early Indoor News--NOP Coming Out

Just announced via a Flotrack tweet--a NOP foursome of Mary Cain, Galen Rupp, Jordan Hasay, and Matthew Centrowitz will be competing at the Armory Track Invitational (replacing a collegiate meet) on January 31st.
    Pros, HSers & Collegians will also compete.

Rupp, Cain, and Hasay will be in two mile races, while Centro will be part of an international DMR team--I'll assume the anchor??--.

Salazar's only comment was that the Armory track is fast.
    So I'll assume they have both American Records in mind.....and maybe the World Record for Rupp!!
    NOP usually doesn't JOG their races, so if they're going to run fast, the World and American records are obvious targets!!
    (And in my favorite distance too!!!)

Other "indoor" news, already out there, is that Tirunesh Dibaba is pregnant, so is out for the season---indoors and outdoors.
    So is Tatyana Lysenko, but she's not affected for indoors---unless she suddenly took up the Weight Throw!!
Working...
X