X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAAF AOY: Lavillenie & Adams

http://www.iaaf.org/news/press-relea...letes-of-the-y

First time two field athletes got it!

Also I'm having loads of fun looking at how much smaller Lavillenie is compared to Adams.

Originally posted by tamabi View Post
    http://www.iaaf.org/news/press-relea...letes-of-the-y

First time two field athletes got it!

Also I'm having loads of fun looking at how much smaller Lavillenie is compared to Adams.
    Lavillenie certainly earned it.

That is hilarious looking at the difference between the two.

Comment

Good choices!

Comment

Adams a makeup call for when she should have won last year? I'm not sure she was even the best woman field eventer this year.

Comment

As much as I love her, I have to agree. That said, of the three finalists she was the most deserving, so...

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
            Adams a makeup call for when she should have won last year? I'm not sure she was even the best woman field eventer this year.
            About 4th best I'd say

Right athlete, wrong year
            i deserve extra credit

Comment

That's true. She deserved it other times far more than this year where I would have placed her behind (Ibarguen, Wlodarchik and even Perkovich).

Comment

Percovich gets screwed again. Punishment for having been once banned?

Comment

If anyone got screwed it was probably Ibarguen.

Comment

How did Perkovic get screwed? She lost twice. Ibarguen and Adams both went undefeated and Ibarguen became the #5 A-T performer in her event. If anyone got screwed it was Ibarguen.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                      How did Perkovic get screwed? She lost twice. Ibarguen and Adams both went undefeated and Ibarguen became the #5 A-T performer in her event. If anyone got screwed it was Ibarguen.
                      Agree. Ibarguen won everything including world cup and produced one of the best jumps ever...

Comment

Ibarg├╝en only had the one big jump, though. She was a consistent winner, but Włodarczyk's season had more of a wow effect, with the WR and the 80+ sector foul at the Euros.

Comment

Including a sector foul into AOY deliberations because it had a "WOW effect" is certainly a novel concept. So if Ibarguen has a WR foul will this be a qualifying wow effect as well?

Comment

She had 3 over 70, and her 71 is huge. She had 1 significant loss. Adams had, as usual no competition and threw far shorter distances than before, due to injury. I have no problem with Ibarguen getting# 1 had she had another 15 +. Also I think Percovich has been long ignored as a great thrower, the best non druggie in my book.

Comment

I also thought Perkovic had a great season but I also thought she served a 6 month drug suspension

Comment

Working...
                              X