Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lonewolf
    replied
    I have not visited the HOF since it moved to the Armory but visited it several times when it was in the RCA dome back when national indoor meets were being held in Indy...
    I was, of course, intrigued/fascinated but even then wondered why it was so poorly attended.

Leave a comment:

• wineturtle
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    Playing devil's advocate here, what if the HOF is indeed a dog and its being open can't be easily justified?

Anywhere.

I didn't notice any great shreaks when it was moved out of Indy. Always had the feeling they were glad to see it go.
    Perhaps it will move to Elkhart Indiana with the Recreational Vehicle/Manufactured Housing Hall of Fame?

Leave a comment:

• dukehjsteve
    replied
    I live in Indy, and I venture to guess that if you had polled 1000 Indy people at random as to their knowledge of the HOF in their hometown, perhaps 2 or 3 would have even been aware of its existence.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Playing devil's advocate here, what if the HOF is indeed a dog and its being open can't be easily justified?

Anywhere.

I didn't notice any great shreaks when it was moved out of Indy. Always had the feeling they were glad to see it go.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    If they got rid of the "bloatage" then the Armoury could be rolling in it and have a whole lot more options, including free or voluntary donations for entry into the HOF.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    I don't believe it has fallen on hard times. That's the point of the protestors.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    With a salary base that appears to be close to or even exceeding $2 million because of what appears to be an overpaid and in terms of numbers a massively bloated bureaucracy it is no wonder the Armoury has fallen on hard times.

Leave a comment:

• is 74 really old?
    replied
    No responses....wow.

Leave a comment:

• Time to move National T&F Hall of Fame from Armory

I've long heard rumors that the National Track & Field Hall of Fame was going to seed. Now some New York nonprofits are making that claim as part of a petition drive to gain access to the Armory building in Manhattan, where the HOF moved in 2002.

Check out this letter:
    http://masterstrack.com/2014/11/33028/

My questions:

1. Where can I find the signed deal between USATF and the Armory Foundation?

2. Is the Armory living up to its end?

K E N
Working...
X