Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Master Po View Post
    I will confess, even though I try to keep up with these things, prior to the NCAA XC meet I had never heard of Disanza. Did not see the NCAA XC meet, but saw this 5k (flotrack) and was certainly impressed. The faster she ran, the better she looked, to my amateur eye.
    The 2014 edition of HS Track has her as a senior (NJ) in 2013 with times of....
    4:46.32 (1600)
    9:40.81 (3000)
    10:15.02 ((3200)
    all outdoors!

...and an indoor 5000, also in 2013, time of 17:02.78!

Comment

Well, track is pretty thin at the beginning of December but she garnered the Big Ten, USTFCCCA and now the USATF Athlete of the Week.

She also now has a PR better than Jordan Hasay by 17 seconds (does Hasay have a better road PR than track), and it slightly inferior to Hasay's 31:39 (the rule for top men is subtract a minute and divide by two. Since the women are ~10% slower, subtract 66 seconds and divide by two to get 15:16.5.

Comment

Yes, Hasay's road 5k best is 15:25. (Providence, 21 Sept this year).

Comment

Well, since I billed this as a Madison-centric thread, not only did Hacker finish second at NxN, he did so at Footlocker Nationals as well. Note that this adds Hacker to that very young Wisconsin team (freshmen and sophomores went 1/2/3/4/6/7 at NCAAs (while getting 10th), and they had two quality frosh that were not running. Of course, his dad was NCAA champ at Wisconsin.

Comment

Maybe Barry Alvarez took over?

Comment

Olin was 2nd, bettering the 4th place of his dad (Tim Hacker) back in 1980. They are the only father-son combo so far.

Comment

Working...
              X