Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New WADA code with 4-yr bans and 10-yr retesting window

Others are almost certainly better placed to present this. I got some info from the Cyclingnews website.

Key features include 4-yr bans (for first offenses) and 10-yr retesting window (up from 8). Also, there are restrictions on working with people (coaches, trainers, etc) who have some type of ban (not sure of the particulars on what kind of ban it means).

Here is the link http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/2015...-first-offence

Both welcome additions.

Comment

I like most of the 2015 changes.

If the new 4 year ban had been in effect during the Tyson Gay sanction decision, I doubt that his sanction would have been only one year. With a standard sanction of 2 years for a first offense though, if authorities felt a reduced sanction was warranted for Gay according to the rules, a reduction from 2 years to 1 year doesn't seem that "egregious" to me.. (as some have stated).

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
        Also, there are restrictions on working with people (coaches, trainers, etc) who have some type of ban (not sure of the particulars on what kind of ban it means).
        The information was relayed to the athletes at the USATF Annual Meeting, and they were all concerned about how vague it is. USADA is basically being like, "Trust us, we're reasonable" but until they give athletes specific details on what it means to associate with these people, and who specifically is and is not covered, I can understand the concern.

Comment

Working...
        X