X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T&FN AOY (choices now public)

WOMEN
    =====
    The Days Best Reading says for the T&FN AOY for women "Koch is the only 4-time winner (JJK has 3, but nobody has ever won more than 2 in a row)".

As Val Adams won in 2012 and again in 2013, and given she is the 2014 IAAF AOY, then logic suggests she will become the first three-peat winner. However, as much as I would love to see Val do us kiwis proud with such an achievement, I am predicting the women's T&FN AOY will be Ibarguen.

Men
    ===
    More straight forward. I reckon the IAAF and T&FN will be in agreement with Lavillenie.
    Last edited by gh; 12-31-2014, 01:19 AM.

I think Val's win at IAAF was political so whilst she'll be high in this don't see her winning.

Comment

Political in

"Shit we have to give it ti a field event !! Who's that big woman from down under ?? you know the one who we usually ignore"
      i deserve extra credit

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
        WOMEN
        =====
        The Days Best Reading says for the T&FN AOY for women "Koch is the only 4-time winner (JJK has 3, but nobody has ever won more than 2 in a row)".

As Val Adams won in 2012 and again in 2013, and given she is the 2014 IAAF AOY, then logic suggests she will become the first three-peat winner. However, as much as I would love to see Val do us kiwis proud with such an achievement, I am predicting the women's T&FN AOY will be Ibarguen.
        Ibarguen and Wlodarczyk could both end up ahead of Val.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
          Ibarguen and Wlodarczyk could both end up ahead of Val.
          Or Perkovic?
          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

and the winner is….. oh sorry, you still have to wait a few days (insert evil emoji here)

Comment

You are SO mean!!!!

And for a running tally on AOD thus far, we have Rudisha & Adams.
              Last edited by bobguild76; 12-23-2014, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy View Post
                Political in

"Shit we have to give it ti a field event !! Who's that big woman from down under ?? you know the one who we usually ignore"
                Exactly. The lesser of 4 evils to them (And get to try and make up for past mistakes at the same time).

Comment

Anita Włodarczyk it is! (men coming later today)

Comment

Nice work T&FN

Wlodarczyk is my No1 and the top 10 would be mine as well but in different order

All round very happy
                    i deserve extra credit

Comment

Can't argue with #1 but really surprised Queen Val got so many #1 votes and ended up so easily 2nd.

Is have her easily behind Ibarguen and Sandy P.

Comment

Same here

I also have no idea how Kaliese Spencer got so high ? her times were VERY ordinary

GH has there ever been a top 4 field eventers before ?
                        i deserve extra credit

Comment

I have too many DISagreements w/ this list, so maybe I should remain silent.
                          BUT......I am who I am, so......

Why is Perkovic so high?
                          She lost twice to GLS! (T&FN gives least points to marks, so her list-leading marks shouldn't carry enough weight to place her so high!)

Where is Simpson?
                          And why is Dibaba so high.....or even ON the list??
                          Oh, I know, you count her INdoor marks--though maybe giving them less weight!
                          Well, I 100% separate IN from OUT seasons. So Dibaba would EASILY win my INdoor award, but wouldn't come close to rating on my Top 10 OUTdoor list!

I agree with Mump Boy about Spencer.
                          Not on MY list.....or at least not so high!

I love Val Adams, but while she won every meet, she had no real competition, so I saw them as mostly exhibitions! (Albeit GREAT exhibitions!!)

And I agree on Wlodarczyk as Number One.
                          She was the only female who broke a WR......an OUTdoor WR, that is!!

Comment

When I see "Polish Hammer", I think of Ivan Putski.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_N1BFlCUFgw...van+putski.jpg

Comment

Joe Bednarski! An old Southwest Texas boy...

Aaron, I'm gonna hate myself for even asking, but why would Simpson be on the list when she didn't win half her races?

Comment

Working...
                              X