Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nichole Denby runs 12.62 to win 100H

Just edging out Priscilla Lopes of Nebraska at 12.64.

Denby's 12.62 is the third fastest time in the world this year, after Devers' 12.50 and Perdita Felicien's (CAN) 12.60.

Can we say USA and Olympic "A" big time?

(-edited for time error on Perdita Felicien's mark this year)

Re: Nichole Denby runs 12.62 to win 100H

Wow! Is Canada becoming a hurdles power or what?! This is clearly the best event we have going at the moment. And thanks to the US system for training our women, or some of them anyway....

Comment

Denby is an American and Lopes is from Canada.

Comment

I don't like to brag (all that much) but I did call Denby's name just before the race.

See, I'm not totally stoopid.

Comment

Priscilla Lopes is a FRESHMAN..let me repeat that, FRESHMAN..and she ran 12.64 legal. She has already eclipsed Perdita Felicien's collegiate best..unbelievable.

Comment

That track must be something though. Just to use the results of 2 Canadians, Krysha Bayley and Priscilla Lopes. Before this meet Krysha 100 PB 11.52 and now 11.29. Lopes 12.91 before this meet and now 12.64. Wow!

Comment

didn't quite get the Collegiate best, but did get the NCAA meet record!
              I believe Felicien ran 12.53 as a Collegian, though not at the Championships. Still a phenomenal time for the successor to Gail Devers throan!

Comment

Minor reality check: it's a fast-fast track by itself, and the wind readings have been fringing right on the illegal-aid level in a lot of cases. Great stuff by great athletes, but don't be horridly shocked if they have trouble matching it elsewhere. (I will, of course, gladly eat my words--and I'm sure you'll throw them back at me--if this assessment is too cruel.)

Comment

"Priscilla Lopes is a FRESHMAN..let me repeat that, FRESHMAN"

Yes and No. She will turn 23 this year, the fact that she's a frosh means really nothing compared to her age. She is in fact only one year younger than Felicien.

Comment

How does Lopes become a 23 year old freshman?

Comment

According to the Nebraska media guide, she was born on Aug. 26, 1982, which would make her 21.

Comment

http://www.athletics.ca/cmslib/general/ ... -WOMEN.pdf

Yes I think '82 is right, above link has 2 different birth years listed, I saw the 100m dash first which says '81. Anyway, someone turning 22 in a few months is not in my books a freshman. That'd be someone turning 19 this year.

Comment

Ok, so she's just a freshman on paper, but should actually be a junior. I realize that, but, she is still a collegian and only three women have run faster than her in NCAA history. Running a legal 12.6 as a 21 yr old is still quite an accomplishment. If you're not impressed because she isn't 18 or 19, then you are a stuck up track fan.

Comment

"If you're not impressed because she isn't 18 or 19, then you are a stuck up track fan."

Gee I was the first to reply to the original post, with the following:

>>Wow! Is Canada becoming a hurdles power or what?! This is clearly the best event we have going at the moment. And thanks to the US system for training our women, or some of them anyway....>>

Clearly, I am not impressed

Comment

Working...
                            X