Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally!

If you've been here for a while, this should make you laugh . . .

http://www.sportingnews.com/sport/st...rack-and-field

Maybe Wariner will be the Ashton Eaton of 2015.
    Last year, Eaton went outside his comfort zone to run the 400H.....and did quite well!!
    It would be nice to see Wariner do the same.....but he'd have to race several 800's, and his times would need to be in the 1:45 or faster range!

Good luck!

Comment

I think 1.47 is a it ambitious for him, but it would be interesting to know his reactions after he runs and whether he would like to try another one before jumping into his season.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
        It would be nice to see Wariner do the same.....but he'd have to race several 800's, and his times would need to be in the 1:45 or faster range!
        Originally posted by ATK View Post
        I think 1.47 is a it ambitious for him, but it would be interesting to know his reactions after he runs and whether he would like to try another one before jumping into his season.
        Um . . . uh . . . I kinda think you missed the point . . . :-)

Comment

I think I got the point and the point is "so what"; this might be the equivalent of the Sporting News thinking they had a scoop by mentioning that Galen Rupp will open up his season with an indoor mile. I'd guess Wariner has run a few 800s along the way as rust-busters.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
            I think I got the point
            Nope. Go again.

Comment

I am very keen to discover what he is going to do. I don't expect anything faster than 1.50 for his first race, but I think he could have a serious try (Stambolova, for example, doesn't have anymore the speed she used in the past and ran 2.00 last year... nothing special, but she made an european final) and maybe a change in his preparation could help him avoiding some injury. Also Brandon Johnson seemed to be done as a long sprinter/hurdler but ran a fantastic time in the 800m two years ago.

Comment

What you are physically capable of and what you actually run in a tactical 800m race are very different things. Pacing, breaking from lanes, running in a pack etc etc etc will all make an impact on his performance.

Martyn Rooney ran an 800m at the start of last year. It was a disaster as he ran 1.53, the primary reason, he had no idea how to run it for the first time on 9 years
                i deserve extra credit

Comment

Working...
                X