Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZZ main weakness is the endurance events. His PBs in the 400 & 1500 are 50.13 & 4:59.92
    To illustrate his sum of PBs in the other eight events is better than both Taiwo & Nixon which are likely to represent US this summer in Beijing.
    I was hopping that we will see an improvement in these events after his long red-shirting. Maybe next time.

Comment

• Originally posted by unclezadok View Post
      52.13. Does Ziemek normally have an awful 400m?
      Yes, this has been noted before, Ziemek 's 400 PR is completely inexplicable.

Comment

• After a first day that was notable most for his very wind-aided 100 and so-so levels in other events, he has hit two (narrow) PRs so far this morning. He has 14.88 (14.95) and 48.32 (47.44). [They have not yet started the vault, but his current 153-point lead on Wieland will probably grow in the vault and shrink in the 1500. His PR of 7981 was set with this pretty modest set of marks:
        15.00 / 43.95 / 5.10 / 53.90 / 4:57.29 [vs PRs now of
        14.88 / 48.32 / 5.50 / 58.25 / 4:59.92]

He had this to say about his competition:
        "It is my first meet, either indoor or outdoors, this season," Ziemek said. "The last time I competed was the end of July last year (in the Thorpe Cup), and coming out here was kind of like practice, but it was a competition. I was in a practice mode, which happened because I've been practicing all year. I am happy with my performance and tried to do the best I could."
        http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-tr...042215aaa.html

Comment

• ZZ vaulted 530 and had JT of 56.0m and has 7399. A 4:53.00 1500m yield 601 and a total of 8000, which seems unlikely, given his 400 mark.

However, if he had a more typical first day, which would be 200+ more than he scored yesterday, he would be knocking on the door of 8200.

Comment

• Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
            However, if he had a more typical first day, which would be 200+ more than he scored yesterday, he would be knocking on the door of 8200.
            A very solid 7964 for Ziemek, just shy of his 7981 PR. I'm guessing he's peaking for June's US Trials. You never know regardling the likes of Scantling and ZZ... Beach didn't look impressive the other week... ...and has anyone seen a single mark from Nixon since last year, any mark? At some point, a bird in hand is worth two in the bush..

Also at Drake, Wieland with a solid NCAA Q-score of 7528.

Comment

• Eaton 13.43 (-0.6) in Drake Relays.
              While he finished only seventh his mark was very close to athletes which much better times than him.
              Riley JAM 13.32 (PB 13.14, SB)
              Merritt 13.37 (PB 12.80, SB 13.29)
              Parchment 13.40 JAM (PB 12.94)
              Ash USA 13.34 (12.99PB, 13.30SB)

After his 7.51 in the 60h and this performance, I can see him going sub 13.3 this summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by olorin View Post

After his 7.51 in the 60h and this performance, I can see him going sub 13.3 this summer.
                In an open meet, yes. Too bad Gotzis and the Pre are on the same weekend. Not sure he'd be able or willing to run that fast in a decathlon given the disastrous consequences of going down. His PB and Deca bests date back to 2011, when he ran 13.35 (+1.8) and he also equaled that mark last year in the Pre (+0.8). Interestingly, during his WR performance, he only ran 13.70.

Comment

• Originally posted by bruce3404 View Post
                  In an open meet, yes. Too bad Gotzis and the Pre are on the same weekend. Not sure he'd be able or willing to run that fast in a decathlon given the disastrous consequences of going down. His PB and Deca bests date back to 2011, when he ran 13.35 (+1.8) and he also equaled that mark last year in the Pre (+0.8). Interestingly, during his WR performance, he only ran 13.70.
                  Especially since every 0.1 is only 13 points in the 110h (compare to 25 points in the 100)

Comment

• 5.22 PV.
                    Still by far better than anyone else. Still without an outdoor PB for more than two years.
                    Is Eaton stagnating?

Comment

• Nope ! Stay tuned Olorin.

Comment

• A light weekend for the multi guys... but Hock with a PR in the JT = 64.44 (previous, 2013's 63.63) - so looks like his arm is just fine. Mahler with a near PR as well.... Neither Texas' guys have NCAA qualifiers, but it looks like they are tuning up nicely for the Big12s in a couple weeks.

Hardee - second time this season he's entered the JT, a total of 5 fouls and one mark of 41.76?

Comment

• Originally posted by gktrack View Post
                          A light weekend for the multi guys... but Hock with a PR in the JT = 64.44 (previous, 2013's 63.63) - so looks like his arm is just fine. Mahler with a near PR as well.... Neither Texas' guys have NCAA qualifiers, but it looks like they are tuning up nicely for the Big12s in a couple weeks.
                          Texas' guys not so good in the LJ - 6.82 for Hock & 6.25 for Mahler

Comment

• Originally posted by gktrack
                            Freshman Harrison Williams PRing again in the DT at Payton Jordan, and all 6 throws within a meter or so. The way he's progressing, and if he hit his JT (only one early mark this season), he has a shot at both American Junior records (held by Gunnar Nixon): 7892 w/ senior implements and 8018 with junior implements.
                            Also a PB in the SP (12.58) in the same meet. Still needs to improve his HJ/LJ (1.99 & 6.94)

Comment

• Originally posted by olorin View Post
                              Take a moment to appreciate the Bahner, Lazas, Bray and Horn of this world. While we naturally focus on the greats like Eaton and Hardee and on upcoming stars like Nixon and Scantling, these guys (which were very good as collegiate athletes) continue to push on. While in yesteryear they had a slight chance to be the third odd member of the US team with the current resurgent in US multi-event their chance to represent the US is (very) close to zero. And yet these guys continue to push on in the most grueling event in T&F (and probably one of the hardest in all sport).
                              So before I'll go back to Beach, Filip and Morgan I take my virtual hat off for these guys.
                              Nice article on Bahner from homepage... With Pan-Ams and Thorpe Cup-type competitions, there is opportunity for guys like Bahner, Lazas and Bray to be able to put on that USA uniform and continue to do the best they can - good stuff...
                              http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...e20098869.html

Comment

• Beach back to his stumping ground but not impressive -
                                Curtis Beach competed in the Duke Twilight and was well below par with 35.27 DT & 1.88HJ.
                                We can now safely assume that it is extremely unlikely that he will be competitive in the USATF.

Comment

Working...
                                X