Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quick note, Ziemek is redshirting this season (at least indoors) and Cato is apparently done competing.

Comment

Originally posted by gktrack View Post
      Devon Williams w/ 3 PRs today in an effort to get a NCAA qualifying-type score, and I didn't realize Duckworth would be that slow in the 1000 (he had a sub-par PV and then faded badly). They used to have an auto-qualifying score indoors a few years back, but I believe they now just take the top 16 to the iNCAAs (the cutoff mark has averaged about 5650 the last 4 years).
      There is a good chance that 5538 will be enough to qualify this season. Out of the 18 athletes that score more last year only five(!) are not seniors/red shirting. For comparison, out of the top 16 women last year only four were seniors. This is shaping to be a relatively poor iNCAA season as the 'old' generation of Beach, Lazas, Cato and company is not yet being replaced by a younger blood.

Comment

Agree on NCAA indoor being below normal this year - my list of 5700+ guys continues to shrink due to redshirts, no indoor eligibility, etc... so no Keys, Ziemek, Saluri, Tonneson and a few others have yet to compete indoors so far.

Comment

Looks like it's gonna be a Dawg Show!

Comment

Originally posted by gktrack
            Casimir Loxsom's 600m AR.
            Is 600m an altitude-aid-able distance? I think we determined that Doubell's =WR in the MC 800 was not, but Evan's 400 was. So 600? I'm guessing yes.

Comment

The altitude aid here is probably positive but pretty modest (especially for women where the speeds are 11% slower). I would go with a "a' versus an "A".

Comment

anyone get his split on the 4x4 in 3:14.10?

Comment

Originally posted by gktrack
                  Curtis Beach in very good running form already, running third behind Casimir Loxsom's 600m AR. Curtis finished in 1:18.08
                  Hope this is legal (sorry if not GH)
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axIh...ature=youtu.be

Comment

The only things that are illegal are commercial broadcasts/movies. If somebody wants to throw their own stuff up on YouTube (or wherever) it becomes fair game.

Comment

Misc. early iNCAA notes...
                      - no marks yet for Hock (Tex), McCune (Akr) or Gabe Moore (Ark) as of late-Jan
                      - Nilsson (UCLA) sub-par in his 1st meet: SP 13.42 (PR 16.02), PV 4.66 (PR 4.95)
                      - Kregers (Kan. St.) opens very strong w/ 3 PRs: SP 14.37, 60H 8.33, PV 4.62
                      - H. Williams (Stanford) ok in his first college meet: PV 4.95, 60H 8.33 PR

Comment

Jeremy Taiwo is entered in his first multi-event since Moscow 2013 (when his knee gave out)... Look for him at his alma mater this weekend (Washington Invitation Heptathlon).
                        https://admin.xosn.com/pdf9/3139021...._OEM_ID=30200&
                        Pros Bray, Chaney and others also expected to open with their first multi of the season.

On the college side, U.S. Junior champ H. Williams expected to compete in his first heptathlon at Arkansas, and several other 7500+ deca guys kick off their indoor multi season as well.

Comment

Reinis Kregers of K-State (7618 last year) off to a great start this season. Before today, he already set 3 early-season individual PRs (SP, 60H, PV) and very close in another 2 (LJ, HJ). In the first day at the Jayhawk meet today, he starts off with another big PR in the 60 followed by 3 very solid events for a first day total of 3252 (7.11 - 708 - 1426 - 203). For some perspective, this is only 80 points or so behind Scantling's/Uibo's recent first-day total - so a solid start for Kregers, who'll have a chance to represent Latvia this summer.
                          Last edited by gktrack; 01-30-2015, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Kregers finishes the second day with solid results (8.43-475(PR)-2:45.46) for an easy PR of 5777 points (previous PR=5534).

Comment

With all due respect to the wonderful results in the collegiate circuit, the most important competition this weekend (at least for me) is Jeremy Taiwo’s comeback in UW Invitational.

After three events Taiwo leads with 2587 including two PBs in the LJ 7.56 (7.53) and the SP 14.77 (14.18).
                              Last edited by olorin; 01-30-2015, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by olorin View Post
                                With all due respect to the wonderful results in the collegiate circuit, the most important competition this weekend (at least for me) is Jeremy Taiwo’s comeback in UW Invitational.

After three events Taiwo leads with 2587 including two PBs in the LJ 7.56 (7.53) and the SP 14.77 (14.18).
                                Very good to see. Can't wait to see his progress outdoors in the other throwing events... I'm sure we'll see huge improvements there.

Comment

Working...
                                X