Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gktrack View Post

... and with Akron having a home heptathlon, hopefully we'll see McCune in action as well. ...
    McCune is not on the starting list of Akron Invitational.
    http://static.psbin.com/e/r/wfnq8ob9...eptentries.pdf
    Red shirting?

Comment

Originally posted by gktrack View Post
      NCAA:

21 - Ziemek,
      He is redshirting indoors at least.

Comment

Originally posted by olorin View Post
        McCune is not on the starting list of Akron Invitational.
        http://static.psbin.com/e/r/wfnq8ob9...eptentries.pdf
        Red shirting?
        Not sure - it's possible - he's MIA thus far this season.

...but enjoy the New Mexico meet - it has a few pro entries as well, with Texas training partners (I believe) Miller Moss (7996) and Ingmar Vos (8224) also competing with the college guys (Hock, Nilsson, Mahler, Wasik, Ivie, etc.). Taiwo may be here as well with some OTC-CV members, entered in a few individual events (60, LJ).
        http://www.liverunningresults.com/pu...s/unmfeb62015/

Add: Hock out w/ 3 fouls in the LJ.
        Last edited by gktrack; 02-06-2015, 07:22 PM.

Comment

A new kid on the block at Akron, freshman Jordan Latimer having a great first day in his first multi... 7.02 - 24-8/7.51 - 40-8/12.39 - 6-10/2.09 = 3329 first-day points. I have no clue what he can PV, but he was a good all-around athlete in high school, especially the jumps/hurdles. Any kind of respectable PV tomorrow and we could see him at the iNCAAs.

Comment

Props to Miller Moss. Here's a guy who has virtually no chance of making any reasonable money in pro track, yet he continues to compete while most likely working a day job.

Comment

Mike Morgan with a new PB in the PV 5.21 (old PB 5.00) shows that he is likely to be a major player in the iNCAA. This is the third PB that Morgan breaks this year (60h and Shot), and he also equal his PB in the HJ (2.10). Obvious points of weakness LJ (PB 7.23) and for the summer the two long throws.
              Last edited by olorin; 02-07-2015, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Given that his 2012 LJ occurred in a world record performance, I would have to agree not to expect too much indoors this year. My guess is that there was a very strong focus on the Indoor WC in 2012, his first indoor WC. I'm thinking this year's indoor performances are simply part of the training process for another WC in Beijing and I would expect something in the 26'+ (8 meters) range in Beijing after what was (for Eaton) a poor performance in the LJ in Moscow. I also hope to see him back on the indoor circuit for 2016, when the WC will be held in his home state, though Olympic preparations may preclude another run at an indoor WC.
                Last edited by bruce3404; 02-10-2015, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Looking at Eaton’s LJ - his best eight results are from two years 2012 and 2010. In 2012 he jumped above 8m three times outdoor and three times indoor . In 2010 he jumped once above 8m and 7.90. His best jump outside these years is 7.87 from last year in London Sainsbury's Anniversary Games. Hopefully, he will be able to jump 8+ this season.
                  Last edited by olorin; 02-10-2015, 10:09 PM.

Comment

There is a good chance that 5538 will be enough to qualify this season. Out of the 18 athletes that score more last year only five(!) are not seniors/red shirting. For comparison, out of the top 16 women last year only four were seniors. This is shaping to be a relatively poor iNCAA season as the 'old' generation of Beach, Lazas, Cato and company is not yet being replaced by a younger blood.
                    Three weeks later, this may still be the case. Except for Dorsey, the other new potential iNCAA qualifiers are mostly in the 5500-5600 range. Redshirting indoors are Keys, Ziemek, Tonneson, Saluri, etc. Completely missing in action are Gabe Moore and McCune. Very few marks from Cardina, Harrison Williams and a few other notables... and we may not see full Hept results for Hock, Mahler, Hanssler, etc. for a couple weeks when most conference championships take place. I'm hoping for a noticeable heating up in the action come conference champs though...

Meanwhile, enjoy the loaded field (multi and non-multi folks) at the Tyson Invitational...
                    http://www.flashresults.com/2015_Mee...n_accepted.pdf
                    Live results should be here:
                    http://www.flashresults.com/2015_Mee...r/02-13_Tyson/

Comment

I don't believe Keys is a redshirt. To the best of my knowledge he used up all of his indoor eligibility, but still has one season of outdoor eligibility left.

Comment

Originally posted by gktrack
                        Eaton is entered in the 60H and LJ at the Millrose Games this coming weekend, both against pretty good company...
                        http://www.nyrrmillrosegames.org/fields-2015/
                        EATON 7.51 PB in the 60h. Old PB 7.60.
                        This is a great result that shows that Eaton still continues to improve.
                        Last edited by olorin; 02-15-2015, 04:05 AM.

Comment

EATON 7.51 PB in the 60h. Old PB 7.60.
                          This is a great result that shows that Eaton in still continue to improve.
                          I wonder if last year's foray into the 400h carried over.

That mark is also second in the world.
                          Last edited by Dave; 02-15-2015, 01:34 AM.

Comment

He was at about 25-3+/7.70; a pretty good mark but all of his jumps looked 'low' in their trajectory.

Comment

I'm surprised a video of Eaton's finish in the 60h hasn't gone viral. His final surge was so strong that he tumbled over the 6' padded fence on the other side of the track and went backwards towards what would have been an 8'+ drop onto concrete. I don't know if someone broke his fall or he was lucky enough to land on both feet, but he popped right up, waved to the crowd and then ran over to warm up for the LJ. Might have been the most athletic moment of the meet. The video is here: http://www.usatf.tv/gprofile.php?mgr...ose-Games-2015
                              Last edited by bruce3404; 02-15-2015, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Beach was back in his hometown of ABQ this past weekend... this time LJing instead of running, but results were not as good. He went Foul-6.73-7.03 (23-0.75), not good enough for another 3 jumps (his indoor PR is 7.67 / 25-2, which he set in ABQ at the iNCAA's, last year).

Comment

Working...
                                X