Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 NCAA & USA Womens Heptathlon/Multis

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by olorin View Post
    As the athletics year is basically over it is time to summarize this thread.
    Nice! I hope we can expect the Dec analysis soon!

    Comment


    • Nice analysis, Olorin!

      If there was any kind of universal theme throughout the analysis it is that you think most of the athletes should/could be able to improve their LJ and that they are poor throwers.

      Anyone know what's going on with Kiani Profit? She look promising in 2013 and 2014, but didn't do much in her only appearance in 2015. I'd also put Chantae McMillan as a dark horse for 2016. After not really doing anything since London 2012, she had a decent (6112) score in Talence to end the year. 2016 is most likely way too early for her, but I'm also curious what Alissa Brooks-Johnson can do next year after winning the Pac 12 as a teenager.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by tgs3 View Post
        If there was any kind of universal theme throughout the analysis it is that you think most of the athletes should/could be able to improve their LJ and that they are poor throwers.
        Interesting observation but you forgot the HJ (Chapman, Day and Williams).
        Looking at their PBs - all six athletes are very good in the running events with the one exception of Williams in the 800 (that I probably should have mention). In contrast three of them (Williams, Bougard and Miller) are horrible throwers. Williams is the only 6.50+ LJ, Bougard has a PB of 6.46 bet as I mentioned she didn't approach it last season and the rest have PBs that are ~6.20 which below par for such fast women.
        Another issue is that the jumps are the easiest place to improve by big chunks. Improving from 6.20 to 6.50 is worth almost 100 points. This is equivalent to improving by 0.7 in the 100h, a full second in the 200 and 7 second in the 800, 1.5 meter in the SP and 5m in the JT. So obviously when I need to choose one event to improve and the LJ is below par then this is an obvious choice.

        Originally posted by tgs3 View Post
        Anyone know what's going on with Kiani Profit? She look promising in 2013 and 2014, but didn't do much in her only appearance in 2015. I'd also put Chantae McMillan as a dark horse for 2016. After not really doing anything since London 2012, she had a decent (6112) score in Talence to end the year. 2016 is most likely way too early for her, but I'm also curious what Alissa Brooks-Johnson can do next year after winning the Pac 12 as a teenager.
        Profit competed both indoor and outdoor and was well below her ususal form. The problem with Profit (and other Heptathletes) that underperform last year is that she don't just need to get back to her best but also improve it by 200-300 points in order to qualify for Rio. She would enter this summary under the "dark-dark horse category".
        As for ABJ she along with the likes of Nikki Larch-Miller and Taliyah brooks are all great talents for the future. Maybe one of them will be able to break through in the next Olympic cycle.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by olorin View Post
          Interesting observation but you forgot the HJ (Chapman, Day and Williams).
          Profit would enter this summary under the "dark-dark horse category".
          Another 'old timer' that can enter the dark-dark horse category is Chantae McMillan that just score 6112 in Talence.
          Last edited by olorin; 04-04-2016, 12:31 PM.

          Comment

          Working...
          X