Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Williams started a little be below her PR (8.23, 183, but then got 1277 and 646) to give her 3824; 49 points up on her PR (and 7 up in her value of PRs, but since they really only differ in the SP her differential is narrower than most -- not too atypical of a young athlete).

She did pass her third LJ attempt, but maybe because she it a big PR of 646/21-2.5, which is a mark that could score in the LJ at NCAAs (what is the schedule like for the meet?).

Comment

Needs 2:20.88 to break her previous best of 4635 (A), but I believe Kentucky's track is an oversized 291m, so not sure about a "CR".

Comment

Kentucky is indeed oversized, so there will be no CR of any kind. Having said that, T&FN takes the stance that given the pace at which multi-eventers lumber around the track at the end of the indoor multis, there is virtually no aid afforded their times, so even though they can't be records, they can be carried on the main lists as "statistically viable" when taken as a small part of a handful of events.

Comment

Williams finishes in 2:22.89 for a total of 4609, a great opener. Chapman, also of Georgia, with 4 PR's goes 4257. Cutoff for iNCAA qualifying is usually around 4000-4050. Oregon freshman Ashlee Moore in third at 3850.

Comment

Akela Jones 13.99 SP (Her PB is 14.16) suggesting that she will compete in the Pentathlon this season. With Williams, Bougard, Jones, Vollmer this is likely to be a very good season for the women.

Comment

I think so olorin... Akela has a very good multis/head coach at Kansas State, Cliff Rovelto, who was quoted after her SP today, saying "... Akela, with her mark, obviously for a [heptathlete] that's a big throw and if she can do that in a pentathlon, that's a lot of points. " So, she's no longer a surprise to anyone on the indoor/outdoor multi scene - and yes, a very interesting NCAA season to come.
              http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/c...012415aab.html

Comment

Bougard another PB is the 60h 8.18 (old PB 8.27 from this season).
                So... Akela Jones 8.17, Bougard 8.18 and Williams 8.23 - only two weeks into the season

Comment

I did not see her JV mark,if that is not bad,she is probably more suitable for multi-event.

Comment

Originally posted by nianchengyu1 View Post
                    I did not see her JV mark,if that is not bad,she is probably more suitable for multi-event.
                    Her JT PB is 31.51 (from 2013). As far as I know she never competed in the Heptathlon and doesn't have a PB in the 200.
                    I think that can score 4,500+ in the Pentathlon this season as she is likely to improve her 800 (PB 2:39.62) considerably. As for the Heptathlon it will probably take another year before she can compete with the likes of Williams and Bougard.

Comment

The only 200 I have for Akela is a 24.60 (1.4) when she was 14 years old.
                      http://www.bssac.org/live/archives/2...090311F051.htm
                      So with a 6 year-old 200 PR, a first (maybe only?) JT of 31.15 and a slow 800... her PR's sum to 5966 - with any reasonable improvement on those 3 events, who knows where she'll be this spring.

Comment

We should see Akela Jones in the pentathlon at the Jayhawk Classic this weekend, but Kansas' L. Vollmer is not entered, so not sure if Akela will need to show her cards in the 800.
                        http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.co...t_sheets_3.pdf

It should take about 4050 to make it to this year's iNCAA's, and several of those candidates are entered at the Arkansas meet (Harrell, Gochenour, Sadeiko...).
                        http://www.flashresults.com/2015_Mee...back/index.htm
                        A bunch of other multis this weekend across the nation could bring some surprises...
                        Last edited by gktrack; 01-29-2015, 12:52 AM.

Comment

The top two Heptathletes in the US (Day and Nwaba) will compete in UW Invitational. Day will compete in the 60h, LJ, 800, SP and Nwaba in the 60h, HJ and 800.

Comment

Very nice pentathlon for Shanice Stewart of Texas Tech on her home turf today. The first three events she sets PRs, then =PR in LJ, then jogs it home for an overall PR and school record of 4152 (8.33 - 171 - 1356 - 630 - 2:44.57).

Comment

Originally posted by gktrack View Post

It should take about 4050 to make it to this year's iNCAA's,
                              Not so sure that 4,050 will be enough
                              The table below presents the qualifying marks for the last five years. For each year I present the best mark and No.5, No.10 and No.16
                              2010. 4262, 4136, 4041, 3967
                              2011. 4507, 4170, 4009, 3959
                              2012. 4555, 4109, 4067, 3996
                              2013. 4569, 4190, 4079, 4024
                              2014. 4458, 4176, 4122, 4047
                              This year (as of last week)
                              2015. 4609, 4136, 3782, 3760

I think that after this weekend at least 10 athletes will score above 4100 and more than 16 by the end of the qualification period.

Comment

good stuff... I would love to be wrong (w/ 4050 being on the low side). I enjoy following the folks near the cutoff as much as the top guys and gals... and with most folks' top scores coming from conference finals, we are just getting started.

Comment

Working...
                                X