Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• father/daughter WR for the Paynes

see front page

As mentioned in the article, second place now held by Alex and Liz Parnov, not mentioned in the article is third place by Jan and Chelsea Johnson.

I have no idea who would be 4th, I can't think of any other elite father/daughter combos off the top of my head

Comment

Thierry & Jade Vigneron 5.91 + 4.20 = 10.11m (33'2.25")
      Ray & Alana Boyd 5.30 + 4.76 = 10.06m (33')
      Last edited by Cooter Brown; 01-20-2015, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Alex Parnov and his other daughter Vicky must go close too

Comment

Vladimir and Lisa Ryzih 5.40+4.71 = 10.11

Comment

Alex Parnov and his 'lesser' daughter Vicky 5.82+4.40=10.22.

(Alex + Liz = 10.32)

Comment

Originally posted by Atanvarno View Post
              Vladimir and Lisa Ryzih 5.40+4.71 = 10.11
              Add Vladimir and Nastja for 5.40+4.63 = 10.03

Comment

With Demi's new PR of 15-7, the record total goes to 34-9.75!!

BTW, today in Europe, Renaud and Valentin Lavillenie went total 38-4.50 (or 11.70 metric) for what is almost certainly the Brother-Brother combined record for one competition in one day!

Comment

I'll have to dig through the posts on PV Power... Sergei Bubka had a brother and they put up some good marks back in the day as well...

Comment

Found our thread on PV Power about brother combos: http://www.polevaultpower.com/forum/...p?f=40&t=13620

Looks like the Bubkas are the highest vaulting brothers of all-time (Sergei 6.15 Vasily 5.86) and the Lavillenie's have moved into second place (6.16 and 5.70) with both still young and lots of time to improve.

I did not see anyone mention the highest brother combo in the same meet though. I will try asking the Twitterverse

Comment

We have a report that Sergei and Vasily jumped 6.05 and 5.70 in Donetsk 1990. : )

A meet which sadly is canceled this year due to the unrest in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                        We have a report that Sergei and Vasily jumped 6.05 and 5.70 in Donetsk 1990. : )

A meet which sadly is canceled this year due to the unrest in the area.
                        So if Renaud had made that 6.10 bar he tried, they would have broken the Bubka's record!!

Comment

Paulo Benavides from El Paso jumped 5.35m (17-6 3/4) yesterday at New Mexico. He's 17 and headed to Kansas next year.

His dad jumped 5.65(IIRC) while competing for Puerto Rico. 5.50 for a father/son combo is not bad.
                          Last edited by Cooter Brown; 01-25-2015, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Paul jumped 5.72(A) and was the No. 9 ranked American in '90 (but did finish up representing Puerto Rico)

Comment

More Bubka combos via @jarliim on Twitter:

611+570 Dijon 1992 (o), 605+570 Donetsk 1990, 600+575 Clermont-Ferrand 1994 (i)

Comment

Working...
                              X