Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question for the techos on Nina Kennedy's "not quite record" vault. On the live stream video at 2hours 58 min and 48 seconds you will see the official come forward with the measuring stick and then as she starts to put it up to measure the vault another official comes running over, trips and flattens the measuring official. The question.

If this had been say a 4.64 vault (therefore a true world record) and in being knocked over the measuring official knocked off the cross bar would the world record then be lost?

Comment

No record for Sandi Morris today, she attempts but does not make 4.76. Demi Payne is off, I read she vaults Tuesday (Conference Meet?). The women's record appears to be safe for one more weekend. Next up, the Tyson Men's PV Invitational, live X's and O's at flashresults.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
        A question for the techos on Nina Kennedy's "not quite record" vault. On the live stream video at 2hours 58 min and 48 seconds you will see the official come forward with the measuring stick and then as she starts to put it up to measure the vault another official comes running over, trips and flattens the measuring official. The question.

If this had been say a 4.64 vault (therefore a true world record) and in being knocked over the measuring official knocked off the cross bar would the world record then be lost?
        Sounds like a question for Mike Tully.

Comment

6.02 for Lavillenie today!

Comment

Results still not posted for the Millrose Junior Men's Pole Vault, but HS Freshman Mondo Duplantis won with 16 something, missed three times at 5.20 which would have broken his freshman record.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Irrelevant. Because of things like Mike Tully, the bar is measured BEFORE the jump and that's it. No further action by the officials after that.

Comment

Shawn Barber just cleared 5.90 for ANOTHER Collegiate Record and Canadian Record!!!!

How many is that this season for him? He is still jumping too...

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                  Results still not posted for the Millrose Junior Men's Pole Vault, but HS Freshman Mondo Duplantis won with 16 something, missed three times at 5.20 which would have broken his freshman record.
                  I think it was 16-8.75 for Mondo, so he actually did break his record again before missing at 17-0.75 ... that's what I read, anyway. Big win for him, beating Benavides. Paulo had gone 17-5 or better 3 weeks in a row, but not today.

Comment

Washington: Heather Hamilton (Canada) 4.37 SB, Diamara Planell Cruz 4.32 NR
                    Lev Marcus 5.47 PR (redshirt freshman), Jax Thoirs 5.32 and JJ Juilfs 5.32 SB (and best since 2012)

Comment

Jack Whitt 5.67 at Wichita State today

Comment

Barber raises his own CR to 19-4ΒΌ (5.90)

Comment

I thought Jenn Suhr was entered for Millrose, but I don't see her name on the entry list, nor in the results.
                          Did she withdraw before the meet?

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                            I thought Jenn Suhr was entered for Millrose, but I don't see her name on the entry list, nor in the results.
                            Did she withdraw before the meet?
                            http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/ol...games-20150213

Comment

We have a new HS Girls Indoor State Record for Washington, Laura Marty jumped 13'0.25 today She has improved by almost 2 feet since last year, and she is a junior.

Comment

Russian indoor champs
                                1.Anzhelika Sidorova 4.75
                                2.A. Zhuk-Krasnova 4.60
                                2.A.Savchenko 4.60
                                4.O. Mulina 4.60
                                5.Alyona Lutkovskaya 4.50

Comment

Working...
                                X