Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since the 4.59 m. jump in Perth on February 14, 2015, I am looking at Nina Kennedy's future jumps with keen interest. Will she be able to jump 4.64 m. and break the women's world junior record in the pole vault? If so, will it be at or before the Australian National Championships in Athletics, to be held from March 26 through March 29 of this year? Stay tuned.

Comment

Saw tweet that says it's Demi Payne vs Sandi Morris in a mano a mano showdown on Saturday in Arkansas.
      (Add April Steiner Bennett to the mix!)

Not quite, but almost akin to those HJ battles between Bondarenko and Barshim!!
      At least on the Collegiate level!

Comment

Demi Payne is entered at iUSATF's, along with Suhr, Saxer, Gergel, etc... I believe she's the only collegian entered, with her conference champs already completed.

Comment

Jeff Coover 5.68m PR today

Katerina Stefanidi 4.77 NR EL

Shawn Barber 5.80 attempted 5.91 CR

Yesterday:
          Nikoléta Kiriakopoulou 4.76 was the NR until Stefanidi broke it today
          Bengtsson 4.65, attempted 4.70NR

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
            Katerina Stefanidi 4.77 NR EL

Shawn Barber 5.80 attempted 5.91 CR

Yesterday:
            Nikoléta Kiriakopoulou 4.76 was the NR until Stefanidi broke it today
            Bengtsson 4.65, attempted 4.70NR
            And now Kiriakopoulou 4.80m in Birmingham, so that's three excellent Greek records in three days. Is Stefanidi jumping tomorrow by any chance?

Comment

Nice wPV comp at the Finnish Championships:

1. Minna Nikkanen 445 SB
              2. Wilma Murto 440 NYR NJR
              3. Elina Lampela 430
              4. Erica Hjerpe 420 PB

As noted elsewhere, Murto and Lampela were both born in 1998. To put these marks in context, #2 on the Finnish all-time outdoor list is 436, #3 is 420 and #4 is 415. (No, those are not the best marks for place.)

Comment

Originally posted by LopenUupunut View Post
                Nice wPV comp at the Finnish Championships:

1. Minna Nikkanen 445 SB
                2. Wilma Murto 440 NYR NJR
                3. Elina Lampela 430
                4. Erica Hjerpe 420 PB

As noted elsewhere, Murto and Lampela were both born in 1998. To put these marks in context, #2 on the Finnish all-time outdoor list is 436, #3 is 420 and #4 is 415. (No, those are not the best marks for place.)
                Here's how i put these marks in context: At the German indoor U20 champs last week the title was won with 3.90m. The German U18 record is 4.20m, so Murto and Lampela are better than Spiegelburg, Ryzih and all other Germans were at that age. I find that VERY impressive.

Comment

4.29m 4.39m 4.49m 4.59m
                  April Steiner-Bennett 4.49m O O O XXX
                  Asics 14-8¾
                  Sandi Morris 4.49m O O O XXX
                  Arkansas SR 14-8¾
                  Demi Payne 4.49m PPP XO XO XXX
                  Stephen F. Austin SR 14-8¾
                  So, a bit of a fizzle out without getting close to the record, not that 4.49 isn't a good college vault, but these two have raised the bar...
                  Last edited by 26mi235; 02-21-2015, 09:13 PM.

Comment

^^ April and Sandi then had a jump-off for first in which Sandi cleared 4.59

Other marks from today:

Mondo Duplantis won his state meet with another National Freshman Record of 16'9", took more great attempts at 5.20m. He also broke the State Meet Record.

I have a tweet from her coach that we have a new HS Girls Indoor Pole Vault Record, Lexi Weeks 14'03.25" must have been this meet: http://www.arkansasvaultclub.org/#!u...pionships/c7og

Comment

PVP (or anyone!), have you heard anything more about Lexi's HSR?
                      (Or Duplantis's Frosh Class mark?)
                      Since seeing your post, been searching Twitter, Mile Split, etc for anything on either one....but nothing.
                      Strange that Mile Split wouldn't have SOMEthing on Weeks, at least!
                      HSR's don't go unnoticed for long!!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                        PVP (or anyone!), have you heard anything more about Lexi's HSR?(Or Duplantis's Frosh Class mark?)
                        Another page at the site linked by pvp lists results for the meet, the USATF-Arkansas Association Indoor PV Champs (although it is not complete with metric marks and progressions).

http://www.arkansasvaultclub.org/#!u...c-results/cswl

The full results for the Louisiana D1 Indoor State Meet can be found here:

http://parser.dyestat.com/meetresult...1#.VOlyvy6GOxs

The Duplantis mark is listed as 5.11/16-9½. If the bar was measured in metrics, the proper conversion would be 16-9¼.

Comment

Interesting!
                          So Weeks's mark appears to be real.
                          That makes it all the more strange that MileSplit hasn't said Word One about it!
                          Aren't they supposed to be on top of all that's HS??
                          For that matter, why isn't it atop the news briefs section on THIS site??

ADD: Just sent e-mail to MileSplit, notifying them of the mark.
                          Doing my bit for God, Mother, and Country!
                          LOL
                          Last edited by aaronk; 02-22-2015, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Milesplit relies heavily on employees/volunteers at the state level, I don't think they have an Arkansas person.

Official results for Mondo: http://results.deltatiming.com/tf/20...1#.VOmSDimK_UM

I will try and find out if the bar was measured in imperial or metric.

Comment

Oh but I am guessing imperial, because Hy-Tek would have converted correctly, right?

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                                Oh but I am guessing imperial, because Hy-Tek would have converted correctly, right?
                                Imperial is pretty likely, as each of the height progressions shown on the results were all even inches (several of which do not exist in the BGB tables).

However, the Duplantis mark is the exception, and it exceeded the progression so it appears to be a vaulter's choice height. Given his pedigree and record-setting history, a metric choice by this vaulter is very possible. Not sure whether Hy-Tek allows for manual override for the conversion.

Comment

Working...
                                X