Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polevaultpower
    replied
    I've been busy moving, haven't heard any details on his NH. He did jump 5.93 like a day or two before? The meets were pretty close together, so maybe his legs hadn't recovered enough yet between the vaulting and the travel.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    So what was the deal on Lavillenie's first 'miss' Sunday? He was on the runway and was given a red flag; was he out of time? He appeared very pissed and gave an (I think Italian in origin) "arm salute" to the official. He then missed his two vaults and got a NH. Unlike some of his NHs where he is too far in our out, here he looked like a second-tier vaulter who had stuff not working well, with his body not above the bar at a not particularly high bar for him (5.54, I think). Becca, has anyone commented on your board?

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    3-2 Barber after Berlin

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
    So Shawn Barber wins Worlds, now wins the Zurich DL meet... how is he looking in terms of the yearly rankings? I know he basically gets penalized for being in college this year and missing a lot of the earlier international meets...
    He's 2/2 with Lavillenie this year. If he can beat the WR holder in Brussels, he has a pretty solid case.

Leave a comment:

• tamabi
    replied
    Zurich DL mPV was a street event, the DL meet will be Brussels.

Also very nice meet in Salzburg for Kira Grunberg. RL 5.93 (http://www.iaaf.org/news/report/rena...nberg-salzburg)

Leave a comment:

• polevaultpower
    replied
    So Shawn Barber wins Worlds, now wins the Zurich DL meet... how is he looking in terms of the yearly rankings? I know he basically gets penalized for being in college this year and missing a lot of the earlier international meets...

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    And now she hits 4.91/16-1.30

Leave a comment:

• polevaultpower
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    I am fascinated by the fact that she holds more than a foot from the top of her pole (most vaulters are about 4" from top). Anyone know why? It can't be that she can't afford a proper length pole. Maybe she likes the bend characteristics there (closer to the sail piece). Notice that she gets nowhere near the bend that LaVill does (past horizontal!). She the biggest beast of the women, for sure. [yes, that's a high compliment - I have a 5'/105lb beast right now]
    Actually, it's not easy for the Cubans to get poles. Most poles are made in America and we have an embargo against Cuba. There are ways to get poles to their vaulters, but not easily.

Borges and Silva both have seemed to have a minimal number of poles in the past. I seem to recall World Champs some years ago, Silva was jumping on Spirit poles, and then mid-meet borrowed a Carbon from someone and PR'd.

I don't even have words to describe that. The pole vaulters here get it.

As for her gripping down, that reminds me of Lacy Janson.

Leave a comment:

• booond
    replied
    Originally posted by Sasuke View Post
    True, but she didn't peak early this year. He competitions were quite disappointing till... Pan-Am were she delivered a great 4.85m and got the win. I hope she carries on this form.
    Right, she is peaking at a good time. It's a matter of carrying that peak through Beijing.

Leave a comment:

• Sasuke
    replied
    Originally posted by booond View Post
    Silva is hot. She will have to carry that fitness a few more weeks but she would be the slight fave for gold right now.
    True, but she didn't peak early this year. He competitions were quite disappointing till... Pan-Am were she delivered a great 4.85m and got the win. I hope she carries on this form.

Leave a comment:

• booond
    replied
    Silva is hot. She will have to carry that fitness a few more weeks but she would be the slight fave for gold right now.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by norunner View Post
    I am fascinated by the fact that she holds more than a foot from the top of her pole (most vaulters are about 4" from top). Anyone know why? It can't be that she can't afford a proper length pole. Maybe she likes the bend characteristics there (closer to the sail piece). Notice that she gets nowhere near the bend that LaVill does (past horizontal!). She the biggest beast of the women, for sure. [yes, that's a high compliment - I have a 5'/105lb beast right now]

Leave a comment:

• Sasuke
    replied
    Results here: http://lalive.de/index.php?ver=150802DEBEC
    Strutz not good. Only 4.44; great jump from Silva, a candidate for gold right now. Nobody else could jump 4.90+ right now.

Leave a comment:

• norunner
    replied
    Video of the 4.91 : https://instagram.com/p/54uc-5BM77/

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by norunner View Post
    4.91m for Silva in Beckum just now.
    Her second 16-footer and a new PR!!

Leave a comment:

Working...