• Show
Clear All

• A Pre Preview

"Jordan said ticket sales for the Pre Classic are going well, perhaps
    helped by the fact it's an Olympic year and perhaps because track, and
    the drug controversy, has remained in the news."

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregon ... 218220.xml

Re: A Pre Preview

That's right, people in Oregon will never go to a track meet unless there's a drug controversy, everybody knows that!

Comment

Now, now. I did also mention the athletes--Webb, Dragila, Maurice, etc. The question was, did I think the drug controversy was helping or hurting tickets sales. I dunno. All I know is that the pace of sales is the best since 1997, our all-time high.

Comment

TJ, I think the Pre is going to be an absolutely fantastic meet this year. I really wish I could come see it.

And I hope you get Lauryn Williams to race there, too!

Comment

I'm surprised tickets are still available -- which isn't a negative comment, I just thought it sold out early on. How late do you think it's possible to still get a ticket?

Comment

Little known fact: Eugene is a notorious walk-up town. Fans are used to being able to just decide on the day to buy a ticket, and generally, there have been reserved seat tickets available (GAs sell out in a hurry). We end up sold out at around 11,000, including about 2,000 standing-room, but of course, a meet promoter would prefer not to have to worry about event-day weather (rain? what is rain?). Next Monday's sales figures will tell the tale. One of my two goals as a meet director is to see ticket scalpers outside of Hayward Field. The other? A WR in the Pre Classic.

Comment

TJ you didn't answer my latest email about El G

Comment

"Once I found out what my ex-husband did, or was alleged to have done, I parted ways," Jones said.

These are the words of someone who just simply cannot tell the truth.

Comment

>TJ you didn't answer my latest email about El G :

dragonsoul, unless you can enrich Tom personally I doubt it much he'll respond.

Comment

Working...
                  X