Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XL GALAN - Incredible results

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • XL GALAN - Incredible results

    The XL Galan, one of the best indoor meeting on the circuit, is running right now (streaming starts at 7.30 PM central europe time) with, among the others, Genzebe Dibaba going after Mesaret Defar's 5000m WR. But, BEFORE this, there have already been two GOOD results.

    After three jumps canadian Christabel Nettey is winning with a monster 6.99/22'93, world leading mark and national record but even more surprising is the result of a completely unknown man from Quatar, who doesn't even have an all-athletics page, who ran 45.39 in the 400m B heat!! And, according to Alfons Juck, he is still a junior (1997, first year!). Coached by Jama Aden.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Sasuke View Post

    After three jumps canadian Christabel Nettey is winning with a monster 6.99/22'93, world leading mark and national record but even more surprising is the result of a completely unknown man from Quatar, who doesn't even have an all-athletics page, who ran 45.39 in the 400m B heat!! And, according to Alfons Juck, he is still a junior (1997, first year!). Coached by Jama Aden.
    Yeah, we should always believe age is correct when someone from Qatar or Bahrain is 17 years old... rolling eyes

    streaming here ---- http://eversport.tv/athletics/iaaf-i...stockholm-2015

    Comment


    • #3
      Also a lot of the Qatar athletes come from other countries and change their name when they change countries. So he may not be totally unknown.

      Comment


      • #4
        G. Dibaba shouldn't even bother running outdoors anymore, as soon as there is a roof over her head, she gains a lot of speed.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mcgato View Post
          Also a lot of the Qatar athletes come from other countries and change their name when they change countries. So he may not be totally unknown.
          So he changed his birth date along with the citizenship?
          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by norunner View Post
            G. Dibaba shouldn't even bother running outdoors anymore, as soon as there is a roof over her head, she gains a lot of speed.
            Other than a couple of subpar races last year(which everyone has btw) zero factual basis to support such a conclusion regarding so young a runner.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by beebee View Post
              Other than a couple of subpar races last year(which everyone has btw) zero factual basis to support such a conclusion regarding so young a runner.
              Right, four indoor world records, all her indoor PBs are better than her outdoor, no factual basis at all.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by norunner View Post
                Right, four indoor world records, all her indoor PBs are better than her outdoor, no factual basis at all.
                You are aware that she was the number one ranked 5000 meter runner last year?

                Comment


                • #9
                  True, but she did nothing last summer to suggest she could have run 14:18, let alone 8:16 or 3:55. And while she may have been the #1 5K runner, she was 0-3 against Cherono at 3000 (not counting an additional loss at 2 miles).

                  It may be too early to say she's no good as an outdoor runner, but so far she's never shown this kind of shape outdoors.

                  Khaddi Sagnia has somehow become a 660+ jumper when I blinked and turned my head the other way... just what we needed, another strong Swedish LJer.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You folks are unreal....and saturated with double standards. If this very talented young woman were American or European you same people would be having orgasms.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Pakilo View Post
                      Yeah, we should always believe age is correct when someone from Qatar or Bahrain is 17 years old... rolling eyes

                      streaming here ---- http://eversport.tv/athletics/iaaf-i...stockholm-2015
                      They also have great quality streams of 4 of the IAAF World Challenge meets from last year: http://eversport.tv/athletics/iaaf-world-challenge
                      hopefully they will carry all of them this year, very excited about this!!
                      Bolt's last year...and my last year as a track fan, it's been fun

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by norunner View Post
                        G. Dibaba shouldn't even bother running outdoors anymore, as soon as there is a roof over her head, she gains a lot of speed.
                        Small Sample Properties...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Second place was about 64 seconds behind!
                          Not sure, but I think she lapped her twice!
                          Will have to watch the video again!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Here is the end of the race:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSw_YKHGlv8
                            Bolt's last year...and my last year as a track fan, it's been fun

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by spammer View Post
                              Here is the end of the race:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSw_YKHGlv8
                              Last 1,600 in 4:31.91
                              Last 800 in 2:12.75
                              Last 400 in 1:04.59

                              If she can get her head in the game for outdoors, those Chinese records will come tumbling down one by one. Certainly the 3,000, maybe the 1,500. We'll have to wait until she moves up in distance for the 10,000 to go down.
                              Last edited by CookyMonzta; 02-19-2015, 10:37 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X