http://eversport.tv/athletics/iaaf-i...irmingham-2015
    For US and Canada:
    https://livecoverage.flotrack.org/ev...rand-prix-2015
    For Great Britain:
    live:
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/athletics/31495949
    replay:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0549dl5
    Last edited by spammer; 02-20-2015, 11:33 PM.
    Bolt's last year...and my last year as a track fan, it's been fun

Sharika Nelvis runs away from a field that included Tiffany Porter in the 60mH

Comment

Ahye ahead of Jeter in heat 1 of W60

Comment

Ahoure won the second heat:

Comment

okay last one for me, w60 finals list:

Comment

Anyone else getting just partial results page when clicking on Birmingham results on front page?
            Got full page before, but last several times, am getting only the youth stuff from the start of the meet!

ADD: Ir's working again!

ADD: I take that back. Only this time, I get full page of events, but when I click on results of 1500 race, all I get is blank page!!
            Last edited by aaronk; 02-21-2015, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Glad to see Aries Merritt at it again, albeit at a slightly reduced level

60H heats
              3 Aries MERRITT 7.64

Comment

Good women's 3k:
                1. Ghribi (TUN) 8:46.61 PB debut (indoor, that is -- but her previous best 3k overall was 8:52.06 outdoor 2013 -- she has not raced much at this (flat) distance)
                2. Tefere (ETH) 8:46.84 PB (previous 8:47.94, 2014)
                3. Hasay (USA) 8:50.21 PB (she has an indoor OT 8:57.46 from 2013, and overall has just one 3k faster than this -- 8:46.89, 2013.)
                4. Maureen Koster (NED) 8:51.10 PB (previous 9:44.61, 2010)
                5. Gotytom Gebreslase (ETH) 8:53.97 (she ran her PB of 8:45.05 at Millrose this year)
                6. Muir (GBR) 8:54.07 (she ran her PB of 8:49.73 at Karlsruhe a few weeks ago)

The others -- Twell, Judd, Treacy, Gorecka -- while not running PB were within a few seconds of their bests at this distance.

Perhaps someone who knows more about Euro athletes can comment on Maureen Koster? A big PB for her, but she has not really raced this distance, other than a few attempts while still a junior athlete. Some road races aside, she looks like an 800/1500 runner (2:02.15/4:04.92 both from 2014) who is perhaps moving up in distance?

Comment

Mo breaks Kenny's WR in 8.03 and bits

Comment

women's mile notes
                    1. Axumawit Embaye (ETH) 4:23.50 PB/debut (but excellence at 1500, including 3 at 4:02, which includes one 4:02 indoors this season, so this 4:23 is in that range, converting to 4:03.something)
                    2. Rowbury (USA) 4:24.12 (her second best indoor mile, after her 4:22 earlier this season.)

Comment

Originally posted by Master Po View Post
                      Good women's 3k:
                      1. Ghribi (TUN) 8:46.61 PB debut (indoor, that is -- but her previous best 3k overall was 8:52.06 outdoor 2013 -- she has not raced much at this (flat) distance)
                      Look out for Ghribi! She came back to fair form late last season, and is now looking very good. Last kilo was under 2:47, BTW, roughly same as "Baby Baby's" last kilo in WR indoor 5K. Can "Baby Baby" hold form for outdoors?
                      Cheers,
                      Alan Shank
                      Woodland, CA

Comment

Originally posted by jjimbojames View Post
                        Mo breaks Kenny's WR in 8.03 and bits
                        I love that he run a sub-4 mile today. It was after a 4:03 mile warm-up . . . zero seconds rest between the two, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          I love that he run a sub-4 mile today. It was after a 4:03 mile warm-up . . . zero seconds rest between the two, of course.
                          Guess he's recovered from the marathon! >:-)
                          Cheers,
                          Alan Shank
                          Woodland, CA

Comment

Lagat's 8:17.05 is, as far as I can tell, the over-40 world's best. No surprise there. Also, as a 3k-2 mile equivalent, it is superior by a good bit to his 7:48.33 from a few weeks ago. I appreciate the way he went at it, though I am sure he would have run faster had he gone at the race in a more 'conservative' fashion. But no critique from me -- imo, an impressive effort and performance.

Comment

Pretty amazing to see the second mile covered below 4 min. on an indoor track. it seems like only yesterday that Jim Beatty ran the first indoor sub-4 mile

Comment

Working...
                              X