Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
    And by the way, stop picking on Taco Bell and Walmart. When I am in the USA i eat in one and shop at the other.
    Yes, but would you want to work in a non-managerial position at either?

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman View Post
      Yes, but would you want to work in a non-managerial position at either?
      i doubt I would even want to even work in a managerial position. But on the positive side I did read this week that Walmart had given unexpected pay rises (or bonuses to 500,000) staff - so can't be all bad.

On the subject of the costs of competing at the US Nationals I recall that when I competed at what was known then as the AAU Champs there were 10 of us who stayed in a single bedroom motel room. One of us rented the room and then the rest of us sort of sneaked in. We also had one main meal a day at a local smorgasbord gorging on that one meal and secreting "doggy" bags with snacks for the afternoon/evening.

Comment

start lists are up

Comment

Multi events should have started an hour ago

Comment

Anyone know where are the live results for USATFs?... having some difficulty finding them...

They were not up early this morning on the main page, but the link is now there:
            http://www.flashresults.com/2015_Mee..._USA/index.htm
            Last edited by gktrack; 02-27-2015, 03:51 PM.

Comment

So, is Jenn Suhr still in it, or not?
              Daily Relay says NO!
              Heat Sheets have her name on it!
              Has she officially withdrawn?

Comment

Jesse today says she's withdrawn. Heat sheets are a few days old.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                  So, is Jenn Suhr still in it, or not?
                  Daily Relay says NO!
                  Heat Sheets have her name on it!
                  Has she officially withdrawn?
                  You do realize that tons of people never withdraw and simply don't show up. I would probably go with the Daily Relay report

Comment

Sharon Day not staying particularly close to last years american record pace.
                    8.56 (60H) 1.83 (HJ) and 15.41 (SP) versus 8.44 1.88 and 15.59 from last year.

Comment

Last year was altitude assisted, right (although that would only really help the 60h). She passed 186 and then missed 189.

Comment

The latest on Jenn Suhr is that she is enroute and will compete from a short run, in flats, due to a heel bruise.

Comment

if she is injured or recovering from an injury she should not bother compete in this meet and jeorpardize her outdoor season

Comment

Are we sure this is the NATIONAL Championships?
                            Taiwo wins by over 700 points, with no one else over 5600!
                            If Taiwo had scored a WR 6800 or so, then a 700 point gap would still give 2nd place a decent 6100.
                            But this is ridiculous.....and yet another embarrassment for the USATF!!

Comment

Aaron. For the love of all that is good and wonderful, lay off for a bit. Back away from the tweeterverse, etc., and just enjoy a meet for the sheer beauty of athletic performance. It's AN OFF YEAR for indoors.

Comment

Actually, the heptathlon was not among the more embarrassing events. Did you see the LJ and men's SP results?

Comment

Working...
                                X