X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tandfman
    replied
    Originally posted by aaronk View Post
    ADD: Will Ashton Eaton be doing the Hept?
    Is Georgeanne Moline going to run the 600---She recently ran 1:27.15!--?
    Why isn't Mary Cain listed---even as a qualified athlete?
    It appears that none of those three have entered the meet (which would explain why Cain isn't listed).

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    Morris has her conference meet, a conflict that does not affect Payne (conference is earlier, I think).

I think that the best Men's Weight competitor (top six throws in the world?) will not be at USATF because he has his conference meet followed by NCAAs. This last weekend he again broke the Collegiate Record; here is his series which broke his prior CR of 24.47 four times (and missed by an inch the other time and had a sector foul that looked to be about 25m). He now has the six (or 7 or 8) longest collegiate (DI, Kibwe still holds the overall record at 25.06m).

24.87m 24.91m 24.64m FOUL 24.44m 24.61m
    Last edited by 26mi235; 02-22-2015, 10:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Kritzler
    replied
    Yea, I think Sandi Morris has a little meet called the SEC. Anyone who has the qualifying standard can compete (as long as they pay the fees & travel & hotel...)

Leave a comment:

• KevinM
    replied
    Originally posted by aaronk View Post
    I'm disappointed Sandi Morris and Lexi Weeks aren't invited.
    That's not how it works.

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    started a topic pre-USATF Indoor thread

pre-USATF Indoor thread

With less than 5 full days until the first day of the USATF INdoor Championships, I thought I'd start this thread to talk---in general terms---about the meet, the events, the athletes, or whatever you want about the meet.

For me, I'm most looking forward to the Two Mile races!
    We don't see those in Championship meets---in the Nationals, probably not since the 50's or even the 40's!

After that, I'll be interested to see who's racing the "odd distance" events (besides the Two Mile, that is!), the 300, 600, and 1000.

Looking at the current entry lists, only Alysia Montano is declared for the 600.
    Great! Her 1:23.59 was a fantastic run!
    And she appears to be getting in shape, as she ran the 400 in 53.86 in Seattle, then ran a leg on a pick-up 4X400 team (with Geena Lara and Phoebe Wright 2 of the others!).

I'm disappointed Sandi Morris and Lexi Weeks aren't invited.
    They should be.
    Demi Payne is invited, so Morris should be too.
    And it would be great to have a few top HS'ers in the meet.
    With Lexi's HSR, she'd be a top candidate.
    So would Sydney McLaughlin, Grant Fisher, Kamryn McIntosh (HSR in the 600 recently!), and others.

Finally, with the meet in Boston instead of at altitude, it might make for some fast distance races!

ADD: Will Ashton Eaton be doing the Hept?
    Is Georgeanne Moline going to run the 600---She recently ran 1:27.15!--?
    Why isn't Mary Cain listed---even as a qualified athlete?
    (I doubt she'll run----health reasons!)
    I see Alexa Efraimson is Q'ed for the 1000----off her recent 2:43.39 in Seattle!
    Last edited by aaronk; 02-22-2015, 10:05 PM.
Working...
X