Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 26mi235
    replied
    Aaron, many of the top Hept guys are not there for a very, very good reason. Like in almost all years, most of them are competing this weekend somewhere else - they are in college. A couple of years ago when they had the WIC and Eaton was breaking the WR, the next two best marks were from NCAA, beating everyone else in the world, not just those that went to the USATF Indoor meet.

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied
    To clarify (and maybe repeat) what I meant by "embarrassment"---This was a National Championship.
    While MANY top Americans are there, not enough are!
    In a National Champs, I would think a majority of the past year's Top Ten competing is the least one should expect.

Besides Taiwo, who else from the Top 10 in the Hept (or Dec outdoors) from 2014-15 were there?
    Same with the Men's SP, with Cantwell the only big star.
    And the Men's LJ.

Whether Outdoors or INdoors, the measure of a National Championship meet's quality (and LACK of embarrassment!) should be the same---the number of top-tier participants being near or at the top of the list.

That said, thus far, the meet has produced some really solid performances!

Leave a comment:

• Master Po
    replied
    Taiwo's performance was good: per TFN's lists, he is now #5 USA performer, #9 performance. The guys he is behind on this list are great. I can't see how a big margin of victory would be an "embarrassment" for USATF or some sort of problem of any kind. Every competition has its own characteristics -- they can't all be awesome. But that is just my way of viewing these things. I am easily entertained.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    One thing that has been excellent are the results. They have pretty much been instantaneous. During all the races they update the 200m splits while the races are in progress which has been great.

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied
    Originally posted by gm View Post
    Aaron. For the love of all that is good and wonderful, lay off for a bit. Back away from the tweeterverse, etc., and just enjoy a meet for the sheer beauty of athletic performance. It's AN OFF YEAR for indoors.
    Imagine it's the French National INdoor Championships.
    Renaud Lavillenie wins the PV with 19-10.25.
    Second place is 17-6.50.

That's basically what happened in the Men's Heptathlon at USATF!

Leave a comment:

• unclezadok
    replied
    Actually, the heptathlon was not among the more embarrassing events. Did you see the LJ and men's SP results?

Leave a comment:

• gm
    replied
    Aaron. For the love of all that is good and wonderful, lay off for a bit. Back away from the tweeterverse, etc., and just enjoy a meet for the sheer beauty of athletic performance. It's AN OFF YEAR for indoors.

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied
    Are we sure this is the NATIONAL Championships?
    Taiwo wins by over 700 points, with no one else over 5600!
    If Taiwo had scored a WR 6800 or so, then a 700 point gap would still give 2nd place a decent 6100.
    But this is ridiculous.....and yet another embarrassment for the USATF!!

Leave a comment:

• tm71
    replied
    if she is injured or recovering from an injury she should not bother compete in this meet and jeorpardize her outdoor season

Leave a comment:

• polevaultpower
    replied
    The latest on Jenn Suhr is that she is enroute and will compete from a short run, in flats, due to a heel bruise.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    Last year was altitude assisted, right (although that would only really help the 60h). She passed 186 and then missed 189.

Leave a comment:

• donley2
    replied
    Sharon Day not staying particularly close to last years american record pace.
    8.56 (60H) 1.83 (HJ) and 15.41 (SP) versus 8.44 1.88 and 15.59 from last year.

Leave a comment:

• donley2
    replied
    Originally posted by aaronk View Post
    So, is Jenn Suhr still in it, or not?
    Daily Relay says NO!
    Heat Sheets have her name on it!
    Has she officially withdrawn?
    You do realize that tons of people never withdraw and simply don't show up. I would probably go with the Daily Relay report

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Jesse today says she's withdrawn. Heat sheets are a few days old.

Leave a comment:

• aaronk
    replied
    So, is Jenn Suhr still in it, or not?
    Daily Relay says NO!
    Heat Sheets have her name on it!
    Has she officially withdrawn?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X