Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Standing long jump for USTAF Indoor Championship, 2017

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Great athletes but how do they expect to beat a sprinter or jumper at sprinting and jumping? Or a shotputter at strength/power?

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
      Actually, this would be pretty cool to do with the guys who don't make the final of the 60. It will be a World Indoors year, so the top guys need to compete for that
      I thought we were talking about 2017? There's no WIC in that year.
      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Powell View Post
        I thought we were talking about 2017? There's no WIC in that year.
        Oh right... well the public doesn't care about track unless it is the Olympics, might as well add some hokey stuff next year.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Leo e sharkey View Post
          Great athletes but how do they expect to beat a sprinter or jumper at sprinting and jumping? Or a shotputter at strength/power?
          I dunno. I'll bet there's plenty of NFL players that can compete at raw strength events. Looking at the '97 World's Strongest Man competition, Kevin Toth (22.67m) finished 6th out of 8th in the USA Group and the best American finished 7th in the finals. Browsing the names of the competitors, Toth may be the only one who could be considered an athlete outside raw strength competitions.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Cooter Brown View Post
            I dunno. I'll bet there's plenty of NFL players that can compete at raw strength events. Looking at the '97 World's Strongest Man competition, Kevin Toth (22.67m) finished 6th out of 8th in the USA Group and the best American finished 7th in the finals. Browsing the names of the competitors, Toth may be the only one who could be considered an athlete outside raw strength competitions.
            Yes, but most of those events (in the WSM competitions) are demonstrations of strength, not power, which is what sprinting, throwing, and jumping test/demonstrate.

            Comment

            Working...
            X